Author Topic: So that's it then?  (Read 55802 times)

Offline Pujgnie

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: So that's it then?
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »
Oooh shiny new anniversary fleeces on sale from the Trust today ! FLEECE"D" being the operative word  >:(

Mike

They must think that they will sell like hot cakes being serial numbered. What is the point of selling new attire for an aircraft that is non flying and dumped outside next to a sewage plant.  >:(

How much did this new batch of clothing cost, and where did the money come from ?. Can't believe how much 'old' stock is still available in the web shop
Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way -  see how they shine...

Online Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2017, 06:55:47 PM »
It does say a 3rd party company is funding them under licence and giving a donation for each one sold....

but you do get a free mini rugby ball so must be a bargain!

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2017, 07:04:16 PM »
but you do get a free mini rugby ball so must be a bargain!

Well that swings it for me lol,I will order a dozen  ;D

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2017, 08:17:34 PM »
No mention of how much of the £90 will go to VTST that I can see.
If you look on the bottom of the page on the VTTS Store page, you'll see that they're being done by 'EB Umbrella'.
On the RAFBF website :
EB Umbrella is proud to present these fantastic limited edition garments individually designed in support of the RAF Benevolent Fund.
(snip)
Each fleece in the range costs £80 and comes in five different sizes, and EB Umbrella will donate £20 to the RAF Benevolent Fund for every fleece sold. Only 50 of these limited edition garments will be sold per design.

So in the case of the one done for VTST, do we assume that the donation will also be £20 ( despite it costing £10 more....or is that because the VTST one includes a 'free' ball  ;) ) ?
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »
If it's that exclusive I'm surprised there's a need to include a free rugby ball. £90 is extremely steep even for a 'limited edition' but I wonder where they expect to find 558 punters anyway.

so is the merchandise now being priced to be aimed at the rich minority, justthe same as the tours?
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »
I hope that they are taking Pre-Orders because if they have already made 558 of them I suspect that they will be left with over 500 unsold !

Mike

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2017, 09:23:18 PM »
better hurry, there's sure to be a bit of a scrum for the free gift ;D
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »
better hurry, there's sure to be a bit of a scrum for the free gift ;D

PMSL

Mike

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2017, 09:46:48 PM »
So  nice to see the marketing masterminds have been hard at work.

I did a little bit of (admittedly theoretical) maths.

If EB umbrella are donating £20 to the Benevolent Fund for every fleece sold that is probably 50% of the profit (very generous of them too)

Assuming the trust has got the same deal from EB umbrella.  The profit margin on each fleece will be about £45.

50% of the profit will earn them £22.50 or £12,555.00 once they have sold all 558.

That should keep the webstore manager, his assistant, the admin manager, her assistant, the remote stock sales manager, his assistant, the admin manager at Doncaster, his assistant and the Engineering director plus the crop of consultants and contractors that are still klinging on in tea and biscuits for a few weeks.

It's starting to get cool now so I would think that they can all huddle around the heating system they had installed into the warehouse at Doncaster (to keep the pallets of unsold books warm) and discuss their next marketing masterplan.

The heating system is automatic and set to 20 degrees.  We used to go in and switch it off as the warehouse was like a sauna and the thing was making a greater contribution to global warming than 558 on an engine run.  Wonder who is keeping an eye on it now?

I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2017, 09:50:30 AM »
Just had a look at the names under the wing thingy and the amount available has jumped up by 500 from yesterday!!!!!!
Must have realised they could sell out before 1st Oct so upped the amount up for grabs!!

As Sam says:

That should keep the webstore manager, his assistant, the admin manager, her assistant, the remote stock sales manager, his assistant, the admin manager at Doncaster, his assistant and the Engineering director plus the crop of consultants and contractors that are still klinging on in tea and biscuits for a few weeks.

I think it could be months now Sam......................... >:(

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2017, 10:00:07 AM »
Cash cow springs to mind!!!
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »
Feedback from some one who has seen the first batch of names is not to good.

The names are so small they are unreadable, the sticker has been poorly applied so there are loads of bubbles and creases.

So you can't read your name - but you (and everyone else) knows the graffiti has been applied.

They might as well let the youth from Doncaster get stuck in with the spray cans and start "tagging" her now.... >:(

I have heard the "facilities manager" is now back from maternity leave so that is another mouth to feed.

I have heard that I am just a disgruntled ex-employee.  It's actually worse than that.  I am a long term supporter - I still have a standing which is paid every month so this is my money they are wasting!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:20:54 AM by Sad Sam »
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2017, 12:00:05 PM »
I thought I would just pop back-in to see what I've been missing..... and I would like to correct more miss-information. 

Just clarification on the names panel. It is a test piece, only ever done to take an image and to gauge font and cap height. The fact that they are subtle, is so as not to detract from the visual appeal of the camouflage. Having your name on the Wing is the key element. They are actually on a low-tack type material, for easy removal of the test piece without damaging the paintwork.

When the production ones are collated, printed (on high-grade vinyl) and fitted, then these will be to the same standards as the bomb-bay names.

There, now does that not send out a different story to the one Sam has populated?

(...and I promised myself I would not bite.... but here I am again, if only here originally to pick-up a notified PM ....)
If anyone wishes to contact me, then do write to ian.homer@vulcantothesky.org

I will now stick with my promise to leave this forum.

ATB.

Ian.

....and yes, first and foremost, I'm an aviation fan and supporter of XH558 too; then contractor of Marketing support next, because that is what I do... 

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:04:57 PM by PA28 »

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
If anyone wishes to contact me, then do write to ian.homer@vulcantothesky.org

Mike - send your questions here! Might get an answer instead of being swept under the carpet........

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2017, 01:41:51 PM »
As I've posted previously, Steve Liddle is a member of the UKAR forum.
If any of you look on there, you'll see that I've taken the liberty of posting Mike's questions on there.
Maybe they'll get answered, maybe not.......as some of them are similar to what others have asked on there in the past, and as they received no answers, I won't be holding my breath.

Hopefully some of them will be answered in one form or another when the HLF publish the details of the accounts in a week or so's time.
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol