FAQ / Contact

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Trust Newsletter archive / Re: NEWS LETTER
« Last post by ADI on March 21, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »
Aviation Waffle / Re: Circular Runways
« Last post by eddief on March 19, 2017, 12:12:30 AM »
Oh - and failure of a critical engine at V1 (which one would it be though - rather depends which way we're going around the roundabout!)
Aviation Waffle / Re: Douglas DC4 at North Weald
« Last post by eddief on March 17, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »
Just makes me wish I was fifteen years younger and an AWFUL lot richer.  Such an opportunity for somebody with cash and a passion for gorgeous aircraft...
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by CLIFFORD on March 17, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »
sounds like you are having fun Sam :)
Ways To Raise Funding / Michael T's 5.58K
« Last post by eddief on March 05, 2017, 11:28:05 PM »
Surprised that this hasn't got a higher profile but I'd love to think that when I get to sixty I might be able to walk this (let alone RUN it) for 558.  Good on you Michael!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MichaelTrotter
Book / Film / TV Reviews / One Of Those Films
« Last post by planenut on February 28, 2017, 09:18:28 PM »
Just watched "Mach2", a hijack of a Concorde, with Secret Service and Body Guards and distressed women and made in America - yes a disaster of a movie.

Loads of goofs and poor research - due to the "terrorists" having a "nuclear bomb" on board the US Navy are ordered to shoot it down. They managed to catch up with it over France and still went on to try it.

U.S. Secret Service asked French AirTraffic Control "can you speak English", of course the International Aviation language is English.

The cockpit of the Concorde in the film has enough room for a three piece suite, in fact the real cockpit was really cramped and one needed to climb over the seats to get into the pilots position.

After the final desperate landing in France, all the light aircraft on the ground had American registrations.

Classic one for buffs.
Engineering / Re: Goodbye to the Engineers
« Last post by CLIFFORD on February 25, 2017, 02:11:27 PM »
PLEASE SAM don't think you have let any one down because YOU haven't.
so glad jobs are on the way, you deserve it. :) :) :) :)
Engineering / Re: Throttle lever buttons
« Last post by PaulH2015 on February 20, 2017, 09:18:18 AM »
Not red, but there is a big button facing the pilot.  Maybe a smaller 'talk' button on the side?  This is 558.
Engineering / Re: Extraordinary General Meeting Needed?
« Last post by eddief on February 10, 2017, 11:06:23 PM »
I'm with Mayfly <response re DoH interview> - some awkward questions were asked (actually, just about every awkward question you could think of) but they were answered well.  No politician's responses - instead, straight, open & frank explanations.  And some of those questions didn't have 'yes/no' answers or were bordering on things Robert shouldn't/couldn't discuss but he did an excellent job all the same.

In my opinion, Robert continued to demonstrate why he was the right person to lead the team that brought 558 back to flight & why he is the one who has the best vision of how to build on that triumph for the future.

Right now we are all hurting but if anybody can turn this around then he's the one (again).
Aviation Waffle / Re: XM645 - Zabbar, Malta
« Last post by rapidstart on February 06, 2017, 09:35:20 PM »
We lost SAC Kim Petty-FitzMaurice when one of our No 3 Squadron Canberra B(I)8 crashed at Akrotiri in 1970.
Crew wer F.O's Gordon Ellis and Roddy McMillan.  Kim PFM was our Safety Equipment fitter who just 'went for a jolly' during sir firing at  Famagusta Range.   The crew got into troubles on return to Akrotiri and either through engine malfunction or turbulence lost control and rolled into the ground on the left of the runway! 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10