Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Ways To Raise Funding / Re: Funding the new hangar - how?
« Last post by hairrig on September 29, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this yet but the application is now live on the Doncaster MBC planning website and the associated documents have now been loaded.

http://planning.doncaster.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OW61G9FXJRD00

Only had a quick look at the Design and Access statement so far and its a shame no one proof read it ::)

Looks like our fears about 558 being hung out to dry might be right the Drainage Strategy talks about the 'Vulcan Hanger'.
« Last post by hairrig on September 29, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this yet but the application is now live on the Doncaster MBC planning website and the associated documents have now been loaded.

http://planning.doncaster.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OW61G9FXJRD00

Only had a quick look at the Design and Access statement so far and its a shame no one proof read it ::)
« Last post by Zero One on September 25, 2017, 08:00:35 AM »

Then of course if there is no sign of the funding for ETNA a year or three down the line the airport might offer the designated site to somebody else for commercial use and 558 will be put out to grass in the open, assuming of course there is still a space available somewhere by that time - that could be when the real crunch comes (not literally I hope!).

Red Arrows maybe?  ^-^
« Last post by sickbag_andy on September 25, 2017, 07:59:14 AM »
It reads like another 'Jam Tomorrow' spiel, or more specifically Jam in 2018 as long as you give us a barrowload of cash now.

As far as moving XH558 if this was a better option, is there a low loader out there with the capability of carrying the Vulcan whole?
(Bridges & flyovers aside!)

more like Jam in 2019 really when you look at the total timescale.

I don't think anything could move her whole - too heavy for the airlander and that's about all that could cope with the wingspan. That's why I feel we might have to resign ourselves to her being static only in the medium term if the hangar doesn't happen.
« Last post by Vulcanatic on September 24, 2017, 10:56:04 PM »
It reads like another 'Jam Tomorrow' spiel, or more specifically Jam in 2018 as long as you give us a barrowload of cash now.

I wonder if they've been deluged by offers of free labour by a new army of volunteers?  >:D

As far as moving XH558 if this was a better option, is there a low loader out there with the capability of carrying the Vulcan whole?
(Bridges & flyovers aside!)
« Last post by ADI on September 24, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »
i'm wondering how long the lease is on the piece of land,

what a disaster thought i'd be enjoying fast taxi runs every few months by now  >:(

what a load of b.s. we were promised.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'(

« Last post by dee on September 24, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »
:'( :'( :'(
« Last post by sickbag_andy on September 23, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
.........and even if they somehow get the money for the hangar where's the plan B if the funding for ETNA isn't forthcoming?

The initial hangar is comparatively easy as the investor has a usable asset at the end of it. ETNA will be purpose built so where's the commercial return even if they can build it?

Then of course if there is no sign of the funding for ETNA a year or three down the line the airport might offer the designated site to somebody else for commercial use and 558 will be put out to grass in the open, assuming of course there is still a space available somewhere by that time - that could be when the real crunch comes (not literally I hope!).
« Last post by Mayfly on September 23, 2017, 11:36:41 AM »
Ermmm.... wasn't it mentioned earlier in the year that they had someone lined up for funding the new Hangar, now they say they are in talks with prospective investors or is my memory playing tricks on me?

As with all press releases it appears to be a game of smoke and mirrors.
« Last post by dee on September 23, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »
Not inspiring at all is it!!! >:D >:D >:D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10