FAQ / Contact

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by dee on April 28, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »
Just now wuffting over the village ill say it was aTonka heard not seen!!
Book / Film / TV Reviews / Re: BRITTANS FIRST H BOMB
« Last post by ADI on April 27, 2017, 08:16:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up that's the first of 3 in a row on bbc4 starting at 9pm as you said  :)
Book / Film / TV Reviews / BRITTANS FIRST H BOMB
« Last post by CLIFFORD on April 27, 2017, 01:39:54 PM »
On next Wednesday BBC4 at 9pm there is a program about Brittan's first H bomb 1957 it is the series of tests that I took part in on Christmas island.
Aviation Waffle / Re: Douglas DC4 at North Weald
« Last post by leslie on April 26, 2017, 06:59:37 PM »
The BT fundraising page doesn't make any charges I believe. They are a business they have to keep going some how
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 26, 2017, 06:01:37 PM »
No worries, I will await your deposit with interest (which I will then charge back to Koffi  ;))

I have spoken to Allan today and he will be setting up a ring fenced account so that funds can be directly deposited to support the restoration.

If the project does not happen we will be able to return the funds to the originator.
« Last post by PhillyJ on April 26, 2017, 02:36:26 PM »
You could always send it to me directly - my bank account account details are .....  ;)
Cheers Sam, Just Giving do make money out of fundraising which I'd never given a thought to until I heard it mentioned from a pledge that made a ridiculous amount of money and someone queried how much of that would go to them...from their website -

"JustGiving takes a 5% fee from each donation made through the site (which we take from the Gift Aid we reclaim). In return we help people raise more money, more efficiently. By leaving the costly and time-consuming stuff to us, charities can spend more time, energy and money on doing good."

So not a great deal, but it all adds up I guess.

I will send money direct to you once Kofi Annan has finished depositing the $3.5 million dollars to my account that he promised towards the end of next year, I'm sure it should have arrived by now...  :P
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 26, 2017, 11:52:04 AM »
I shall ask the question.

You could contact Allan Vogel directly, his contact e-mail is on the "save the skymaster" facebook page.

I think from the fundraisers point of view the "Just giving" site is very easy to set up - I know it took only a few hours for it to go live after I was told it was happening.

I have never given a thought to "Just Giving" making money from donations but I guess they must do as I'm sure they are not a charity.

You could always send it to me directly - my bank account account details are .....  ;)
« Last post by PhillyJ on April 26, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
Hey Sam, is there any other way to donate as I'm starting to get a bit peeved about how much JustGiving have made from my donations over the many years that I've given to various charidees.
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 25, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »
Thank you Dee.

Some other familiar names on there now.

We have raised £160 so far, long way to go yet but from little acorns...

I had a long chat with Allan Vogel this afternoon and he has had some more good news with regard to the avionics which he will be telling the world about soon  ;D
« Last post by dee on April 25, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
Donated, Good luck!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10