FAQ / Contact

Author Topic: New aircraft for the trust  (Read 10751 times)

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: New aircraft for the trust
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 12:03:40 PM »
Uh-huh.

If you enter "Canberra to the sky" on Google it still takes you back to all the stuff that was published last year.

As I understand it the trust was getting too many complaints from supporters who only wanted to support 558 - they did not like the way they thought the web site was being diluted by the Canberra articles.  So the decision was made to start a separate web site.

The trouble is that all these things take time, there are only so many hours in a day and we do have a lot of other stuff going on at the moment with the move from three hangar and still getting Canberra spares together.

The Canberra restoration will happen in the same way that the fast taxi's will happen and the build a plane will happen.  As soon as we can make them happen and when we get some money to pay for the work to happen...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:13:32 PM by Sad Sam »
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline steve w

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
Well said that man.

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 01:54:14 PM »
Good Sam ;)

Offline leslie

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
In fairness though, there was a lot of people willing to support 163, it would seem to me to generate support and warmth towards 163 is to keep her in the public eye, maybe not front page, but not reporting on her progress, no talk from the Trust, you cant even visit her in the hangar (appreciate the hangar is closing) isn't the way in my view to generate support.

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 11:14:58 AM »
WK 163 has been moved down to hangar 1.

She is considerably better off than she was at Coventry where she was left outside for three years or so...

The money donated for the major has been ring fenced so can not be used for any other projects (tell me about it as no-one seems very excited about donating to a build a plane project...)

It would be good if you could post a link to where people are "moaning they want their money back"  Once we start the major the money donated will be used to pay for the work as it is carried out.  So far we have moved the jet from Coventry to Doncaster along with about 30% of the spares, we have transcribed over 700 job cards and carried out a survey of the jet to see where we are.  It's not like we have sat around and done nothing.

Yes all reference to the Canberra has gone from the Vulcan web page.  There is meant to be a new site dedicated to the Canberra and that will happen once we have sorted out a whole shed load of other stuff, bear with us - we are a little bit busy at the moment....

so where is that ring fenced money now - assuming the 'major' hit the buffers big time when the contents of this and '558's neighbouring site hit the fan it must (well should) be sitting somewhere but the last accounts only show £60 ringfenced and that for 558.

Sorry Sam but you must wish you'd never written this in the above quote now: She is considerably better off than she was at Coventry where she was left outside for three years or so... hindsight and all that. will she now be outside at Doncaster and beat the 3 year Coventry record?

Perhaps re my suggestion of a museum named BITS, the B part should have been plural
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!