Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engineering / Re: So that's it then?
« Last post by minty4371 on Today at 04:37:41 PM »
The XH558 Engine Ground-Run Experience -
Bookings now being taken for Saturday 12th May - 9am start and 1pm start.
You could be enjoying close-access to XH558 and hear the famous Vulcan 'howl' at close-quarters with our first public ground engine-run of 2018.
Arrive at the Ramada Hotel on the edge of Doncaster Sheffield Airport to your Welcome Meeting with refreshments and drinks provided.
Take in your briefing, then depart through security (Valid photo I.D. required) to board a coach that will take you to the engine ground-running bay.
See the ground crew prepare the aircraft for power-on.
Witness the aircraft come to life, with all Olympus engines started and control surfaces exercised.
See the operation of the bomb-bay doors and air-brakes.
Hear application of full-power to selected engines and the famous Vulcan 'howl'.
Shutdown and then close under-wing inspections complete the airside visit before returning to the coach.
9am arrival - only 30 places available - Adults @ £100 per head
1pm arrival - only 30 places available - Adults @ £100 per head
Limited 16-17 year-old places available at £75 per head while stocks last

This is in Today's newsletter.

Rest of it at https://mxm.mxmfb.com/rsps/m/J6C5cpcmLps5H43gZ8qfMhlF02oTMo-Wr2X1QBCgXAU
Engineering / Re: Irony?
« Last post by planenut on April 18, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
Well that's progress! yet, it's not.
Aviation Waffle / Re: possible ferry flight today?
« Last post by Lew on April 01, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
Would surprise me if it was true, VTTS are now capable of any crap. (Excluding engineers!)
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by Funtera on March 31, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »
Cheers Clive, I remember being sat on the Beach at Llantwich Major a Few Years back and having Miss Demeanour and 2 L-39s tearing the Skies up all around us for Hours and some great Low Passes
Aviation Waffle / Re: Pilot Andrew Hill to be charged with manslaughter.
« Last post by Rushy on March 23, 2018, 06:42:52 AM »
You're not wrong Fred! I live right next door to where it happened and the locals are still talking about it.
Ways To Raise Funding / Re: Comments on the new hangar plans!
« Last post by dee on March 10, 2018, 04:29:26 PM »
I have a damn good appetite let me tell ya!! ::)
XH558 Photo and Video Channel / Re: My Vulcan chasing travels 2008 -2015
« Last post by jakspeed on March 04, 2018, 08:51:40 AM »
Bloody awesome photos!!!! Thanks for posting Andy! ;)

Makes me realise just how much I miss 558, all the friends I made and all the fun days down Doggers Lane plus clocking up the miles in my old red Merc.
And, of course, those wonderful days in the hanger when Dee and I became Scrubbers!

If only it all had a happy ending................................
Aviation Waffle / Re: Douglas C54 Skymaster at North Weald
« Last post by Sad Sam on February 18, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »
We have launched another appeal on the just giving web site (via facebook) 

The target is to raise £2000 to pay for engine strip down and inspection.

So far we have raised £100.00

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/c54skymaster56498engineinspections?utm_id=107&utm_term=BAa3dPkDR

The first engine will be in the workshop next week and Weald are prepared to start work if we give them 10% of the inspection fee (£180)

I shall pay the deposit (I've also contributed the £100 donation)

It would be nice if a few more people could chip in as sadly I don't have the money to pay for the work myself...
Aviation Waffle / Re: MH370 Search to restart
« Last post by wcg on February 10, 2018, 02:02:08 PM »
Maybe hire them to find out on a 'No find, No fee' basis as well ;D

That's exactly what they've done.
Used to be called Lloyds Open Charter in the maritime world, don't know what the aviation equivalent is ( unless, of course, they're operating under the maritime system )
Aviation Waffle / Re: Wellesbourne and XM655
« Last post by PaulH2015 on January 14, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
Looks like no Wings and Wheels for 2018 either.  Local paper item implies that the owners of the airfield are not allowing it - confirmed on https://xm655.com/, which may well be a deliberate attempt to starve them of funding and so kill 655.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10