Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engineering / Re: How would you feel?
« Last post by Tutorboy on October 11, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »
I'll try a well known way to find him.  What about a beer at the Jockey in November Sam.  My round.

Bill
« Last post by StAthan lecky on October 11, 2017, 07:22:33 PM »
Talking of Sam, where is he?

The Trust have probably had him silenced  ;D the money from the "Names under The Wings" was used to hire a hit-man lol

Mike
« Last post by steve w on October 11, 2017, 06:49:31 PM »
Talking of Sam, where is he?
« Last post by brains_mt on October 11, 2017, 12:37:22 PM »
And don't forget the hangar ghost  :o (I think it turned out to be spiders)
« Last post by Wizzy on October 11, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »
As you probably remember myself and others were frequent contributors to this and many other forums throughout the restoration and I always did my level best to pass on as much engineering information and progress updates as I physically had the opportunity to.

This was in fact one of the main areas that both Andrew and Robert said they would like me to focus on when offering me a position in the team for the flying phase.

Cheers,
Ron

A real blast from the past! Good to hear you're still lurking around Ron.

Your postings were one of the highlights of the old-old-old (is that enough times?) forum! I certainly learned more from them about the technical side of the jet than from anywhere else, and always looked forward to your replies to questions. I even still have some of them squirrelled away in a Notepad document somewhere!

Ah, the old days of the hangar-cams, yellow or silver wheel rims, not to mention the bomb-bay pannier!

In answer to Sam's original question - I would support and contribute to any scheme which meant she could keep flying, even if it was in the USA.
« Last post by Zero One on September 25, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »

Mike

I seem to remember when they set up the trust, that Mr Edmondson dictated that no member of the Trust employees was to post on any forum including this one, but both Sam and I did ????????

Not really how I recall it Denis?

As you probably remember myself and others were frequent contributors to this and many other forums throughout the restoration and I always did my level best to pass on as much engineering information and progress updates as I physically had the opportunity to.

This was in fact one of the main areas that both Andrew and Robert said they would like me to focus on when offering me a position in the team for the flying phase.

Cheers,
Ron

Hi Ron
a blast from the past?

Guess  office work catches up with us all in the end...

Now I know you never thought much of me or the job I did but no one else wanted it and it seemed to me you liked to take any opportunity to ridicule or contradict anything I said...  I see nothing has changed!

Maybe it was an edict to the office staff only in case we broadcast something we may have inadvertently over heard, but I know that my confidentiality agreement was very specific on this point

I never was very good at keeping secrets, but I tried.

I know of at least  3 instances, they used this failing to disseminate  things to the hangar unofficially. 

You obviously got special dispensation from the management to post on social media, only on the engineering aspects, which I knew nothing of...

regards
Denis
Engineering / Re: So that's it then?
« Last post by steve w on September 22, 2017, 06:09:40 PM »
Thanks for that Taff! I have always thought a rail link was the way forward, as for the Sparrows - why not!
Engineering / Re: So that's it then?
« Last post by dee on September 22, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
I saw 558 out the window of our Thompson flight last week!!
« Last post by steve w on September 22, 2017, 12:10:10 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10