Author Topic: sywell 13-10-2015  (Read 5525 times)

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
sywell 13-10-2015
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:27:45 AM »
some of my pics from Sywell yesterday

best view in the house! Vulcan stops work

and about 2 hours later after three sets of blades flight she finally departed and i watched until she was just a dot in the distance, I could still see her through my camera viewfinder and this was my final view of 558 in flight - thank you for all the memories, a great 8 years

Guy Martin was one of the Blades passengers on the first round of flights, he got talking to Jane and ended up posing for photos with some club members outside the restaurant

then the blades display

a great day and a nice surprise to meet some other club members,
hope you like the pics
Andy
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: sywell 13-10-2015
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »
Awesome pics!

(Although it has to be said that even the grainiest low definition photo is a masterpiece if it has XH558 in it!)
Chris

Offline Funtera

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Mach Loop
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »
Andy, that's a great set ..
love the Formation shot

@funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
Proud Owner of Haynes Manual H4831 Vulcan B2 Signed by Martin Withers
HATO

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »
thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

If anybody is interested I'm running a photo competition on civilian aviation (where I'm an admin) for photos of the Vulcan since the restoration in 2007. I know what you're thinking - 'civil' well the registration is G-VLCN ;)  anyway I'm offering a canvas of the winning photo if you want to have a go: http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=22999

Andy
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Funtera

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Mach Loop
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »
thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

If anybody is interested I'm running a photo competition on civilian aviation (where I'm an admin) for photos of the Vulcan since the restoration in 2007. I know what you're thinking - 'civil' well the registration is G-VLCN ;)  anyway I'm offering a canvas of the winning photo if you want to have a go: http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=22999

Andy

Oh blimey .. that's 100's of shots for me to go through then! lol

@funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
Proud Owner of Haynes Manual H4831 Vulcan B2 Signed by Martin Withers
HATO

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 01:31:35 PM »
I'd contacted Guy Martin's Agent some time ago suggesting that XH558's last season flight was something that Guy might try to get involved with. I'm glad to see that he has!
Chris

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 09:46:19 AM »
Any idea who filled the other seats as three formations of four Blades took part in the event ?,I ask because I contacted the Blades Phil Aiken in April to try and book a flight that we had agreed a price on in 2014,he passed on my email to Michael Trotter and I never received a reply !Ah well,my retirement fund has now bought me a holiday and new car instead but it would have been nice to get a reply even if it was going to be a refusal.

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »
Any idea who filled the other seats as three formations of four Blades took part in the event ?,I ask because I contacted the Blades Phil Aiken in April to try and book a flight that we had agreed a price on in 2014,he passed on my email to Michael Trotter and I never received a reply !Ah well,my retirement fund has now bought me a holiday and new car instead but it would have been nice to get a reply even if it was going to be a refusal.

Mike

My guess would be that they'd have had a few top cameramen in some of those 'passenger' seats making quality recordings for posterity, (and DVD sales).
Chris