Author Topic: So that's it then?  (Read 19948 times)

Online jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: So that's it then?
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
I've done what I can only do and stopped funding from my fixed income.

I stopped my monthly donation in Sept 2015, a month before she was grounded, because I didn’t agree with the Trusts retirement plans for her.

No one contacted me to ask why I cancelled the Direct Debit, to say thanks for your support or diddlysquat!!

As ascot5046 says - NFI..............

But I bet they would have been FI if it had been a substantial amount every month  >:(

Edited to add - I now sponsor a ginger tom called Rupert at my local cats home instead!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:23:25 AM by jakspeed »

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »
Meh !!
I beat the pair of you - I stopped donating in 2013, albeit that mine were ad-hoc donations rather that subscriptions.
I was contacted....not by anyone from VTST, but from Sarah F. & Graham H. as I also binned my Club membership.

I've been contemplating bunging some money at XL388, but I wouldn't want to jinx the project -- the last 3 aviation projects I've donated to being Meteor WZ507 ( a couple of months before they sold it ) Shackleton WR963 ( a couple of months before they had their 'organisation problems' ) and the Sea Vixen ( a couple of months before they crashed it the last time )  :-[
So if anyone's got an aviation project they want to put the kibosh on, let us know !!  >:D

Oh, and speaking of XL388....
For those who don't frequent UKAR, the question's been raised on there -- for their ongoing restoration, have VTST given them any buckshee kit, or has anything they've had off VTST had to have been paid for ?
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »
My Guardian thing isnt going to be renewed!!
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Online jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
I don't know what the outgoings are now but I do hope that the majority of the money raised by the names under the wing appeal has been put aside for good use to benefit the aircraft rather than all being wasted on needless wages.

Isn’t one of the Trustees registered on here? I’m sure he’d be more than happy to answer this question  ;)

Also VTTS have had over £300,000 donated via the appeal earlier this year and the names on sticky back plastic plus other donations and profits from the webstore, raffle etc - maybe he could let us know where these funds are going to?

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »
Isn’t one of the Trustees registered on here?
Yep...Steve Liddle ( 'SteveL' )

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »
And of course the age old still unanswered questions

1.Who is currently on the VTTS payrole
2.What is the current monthly salary bill.

No one seems to want to answer these questions despite the fact that it is supposed to be a charity !!

>:(

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »
As I've posted on UKAR.....Unless things have changed, as far as I can work out :

1. Full-time staff should currently consist of :
Engineering Manager, Webstore Manager, Admin Manager, Remote Stock Sales Manager, Admin Manager at Doncaster, Facilities Manager.
Webstore assistant, Admin assistant, Remote Stock Sales Assistant, Admin Assistant at Doncaster.
( So 6 Managers & 4 Assistants )

2. I shudder to think.
The salary alone ( excluding pensions, consultants' fees, etc. ) was £750k when they had 22 staff.
Only one staff member ( Dr.P. ) was getting paid more than £60k
They've got roughly half the staff, so logically the wage bill reflects this.....theoretically, I'd guess it's now somewhere around £300-350k PA ( so around £25-£30k per month )

Anyone dispute the accuracy of this ?

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 05, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »
Begs the question as to how much is left after salaries are paid to

1.Maintain 558
2.Fund the ongoing new hanger saga !

Taff of course will be on the payroll but only as a contractor/consultant as and when required !

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2017, 08:59:08 PM »
It's a shame that there's still nobody who'll come on here in an official ( or even semi-official ) capacity and address these concerns.

About the only person you see attempting to defend VTST & their policies is 'Microlightdriver' on UKAR.

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »
Questions asked on UKAR......
What benefits ( if any ) do those who are 'Founding Guardians' get for their membership fee ?
Also, is the scheme which was introduced ( or going to be introduced ? ) for new 'Guardians' still going ?

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #250 on: December 08, 2017, 07:31:39 AM »
Questions asked on UKAR......
What benefits ( if any ) do those who are 'Founding Guardians' get for their membership fee ?
Also, is the scheme which was introduced ( or going to be introduced ? ) for new 'Guardians' still going ?

Clive, I've just had a look at the trusts site http://www.vulcantothesky.org/home.html and cannot find anything about guardians schemes anywhere, not even on the how to help & donate pages. It doesn't help that there's no apparent search facility.

I know the founding guardians scheme was only for ex club members and the chance to transfer over has now gone but thought there might have been something there to tell them how to re-new and maybe acknowledge their part (via the club)in getting and keeping 558 in the air. The guardians scheme was for non ex-club members and thus the current membership scheme so I would have expected that to be fairly prominent but it all just seems to be about asking for donations and standing orders or tat from the shop

This might me better in a separate topic really  as it's going away from the original subject but lets see what surfaces first for now
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:01:01 AM by sickbag_andy »
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 08, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »
Interesting :o
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 08, 2017, 12:44:34 PM »
Andy;
I couldn't find anything either, until 'Microlightdriver' pointed out that the 'Forum' button on the horizontal row ( between 'History/Articles' & 'How to help' ) is labelled incorrectly !
It actually takes you to what used to be the 'Club' page & simply states the following :
For all enquiries regarding the Founding Guardians please contact our office - details below.

Please do not try to contact the Vulcan to the Sky Club office as it is now closed.

The Vulcan Marketing Company
Office: 12 Dunns Close Nuneaton, Warwickshire. CV11 4NF. United Kingdom.

Telephone 02476 322 259
Direct Line 02476 322 264

That's all...nothing else.

Offline Goudaboys

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »
Hi.

Found out how to access 'Founding Guardians'.
On the home page click 'Shop in Store'.
Click 'Shop Here'.
'Founding Guardians' is on the right side of 'clothing size guide'.
Very small lettering!