FAQ / Contact

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ways To Raise Funding / Re: Comments on the new hangar plans!
« Last post by sickbag_andy on November 11, 2017, 08:51:34 AM »
I visited the new Bristol Aerospace museum on Thursday, it's in 2 parts with most of the exhibits in the old WW.1 hangars and Concorde in a brand new purpose built building which is excellent - that would act as a good 'blueprint' for the Trust to follow. I posted pics of it here: http://www.vulcantothesky.org/smf/index.php?topic=7893.msg81883#new

or if you're not logged in my pics are in this Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/albums/72157690452144886

It's got plenty of viewing space at both ground and higher level with static exhibitions as well but fairly 'functional' construction. The quoted price for the whole museum is £19 million but I can't find a cost for the new building element as a comparison.
For the Trust to produce something similar that will be the hardest part -funding it.
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by ADI on October 21, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »
not spotted but heard a Vulcan howl today :) unfortunately no taxi run like we were promised  >:(
Ways To Raise Funding / Re: Funding the new hangar - how?
« Last post by dee on October 18, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »
Its a secret society we will never get answers!!! >:D
Engineering / Re: How would you feel?
« Last post by Tutorboy on October 11, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »
I'll try a well known way to find him.  What about a beer at the Jockey in November Sam.  My round.

Bill
Aviation Waffle / Re: Wot? No comments about 'XH558' in BBC's 'The Last Post'?
« Last post by PhillyJ on October 10, 2017, 08:51:43 PM »
"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."
Hmm, try this then? Says for 'Members Only' but assume you are still!

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/smf/index.php?topic=7877.0
Aviation Waffle / Re: Ex VTTS Club Members get together October 1st
« Last post by Rob P on September 29, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »
LLA Members Day on Sunday has been cancelled today by the Flight due to adverse weather forecast meaning the aircraft have to be in the hanger so no space for anything else.
Announced on BBMF and LLA Facebook pages if further info needed.
Engineering / Re: So that's it then?
« Last post by steve w on September 22, 2017, 06:09:40 PM »
Thanks for that Taff! I have always thought a rail link was the way forward, as for the Sparrows - why not!
I hope that someone from the Trust will reply to your post
Unfortunately, you've got two hopes of that and one of them's Bob.
Engineering / Re: New aircraft for the trust
« Last post by sickbag_andy on September 14, 2017, 11:14:58 AM »
WK 163 has been moved down to hangar 1.

She is considerably better off than she was at Coventry where she was left outside for three years or so...

The money donated for the major has been ring fenced so can not be used for any other projects (tell me about it as no-one seems very excited about donating to a build a plane project...)

It would be good if you could post a link to where people are "moaning they want their money back"  Once we start the major the money donated will be used to pay for the work as it is carried out.  So far we have moved the jet from Coventry to Doncaster along with about 30% of the spares, we have transcribed over 700 job cards and carried out a survey of the jet to see where we are.  It's not like we have sat around and done nothing.

Yes all reference to the Canberra has gone from the Vulcan web page.  There is meant to be a new site dedicated to the Canberra and that will happen once we have sorted out a whole shed load of other stuff, bear with us - we are a little bit busy at the moment....

so where is that ring fenced money now - assuming the 'major' hit the buffers big time when the contents of this and '558's neighbouring site hit the fan it must (well should) be sitting somewhere but the last accounts only show £60 ringfenced and that for 558.

Sorry Sam but you must wish you'd never written this in the above quote now: She is considerably better off than she was at Coventry where she was left outside for three years or so... hindsight and all that. will she now be outside at Doncaster and beat the 3 year Coventry record?

Perhaps re my suggestion of a museum named BITS, the B part should have been plural
Aviation Waffle / Re: Scampton Airshow 2017
« Last post by CLIFFORD on September 11, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
as she said :) :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10