Author Topic: Hello from a not so newbie :-)  (Read 2391 times)

Offline 747pete

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello from a not so newbie :-)
« on: October 06, 2015, 05:46:19 PM »
Hello out there, I really should have joined this Forum years ago,I have been a member/supporter for I don't know how long! So better late than never as they say.I was at Old Warden on Sunday and what to say....I really don't think I have ever been to such an emotional airshow in my life and I have been to one or two over the years, remember the "Black Arrows",so yes a few! Just to say a huge THANK YOU  to everyone behind the scenes over these glorious years.Its relatively easy to send a few bob every now and then but its those who are hands on in all respects I feel we owe a huge debt of gratitude to.THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Online dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from a not so newbie :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:53 PM »
Welcome!
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline cosford

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
Ahhhh! Yes I remember the Black arrows wonderful displays, fantastic air shows then aircraft flying low to the ground and difficult to photograph with the cameras of the day as they flew as close to the sound barrier as they dared, remember trying to photo a gnat only to get a white blur, I find airshows quite tame now with all the red tape controlling pilots skills and now with vintage aircraft not allowed to do full displays one has to wonder if the days of the airshows are numbered

Offline Funtera

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Mach Loop
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:38:17 AM »
hello and welcome to the forum

@funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
Proud Owner of Haynes Manual H4831 Vulcan B2 Signed by Martin Withers
HATO

Offline 747pete

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.I am trying to decide where to get my last pictures of her on Sunday.Luckily she is coming very close to where I live, so out on the search tomorrow!