Engineering / Re: So that's it then?
« Last post by StAthan lecky on August 16, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »
better hurry, there's sure to be a bit of a scrum for the free gift ;D

PMSL

Mike
Book / Film / TV Reviews / Re: Southend
« Last post by Rushy on August 16, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »
Fire was at the Air Livery hanger.
Apparently no aircraft were in there at the time. :)
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by StAthan lecky on August 16, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
Ironically this morning, a Boeing 727 Oil Dispersal Aircraft flying out of DSA on it's monthly check flight ! very low as it traced a path up the River Humber then returning to it's comfy hanger at DSA where a certain Vulcan used to reside  >:(

Mike
Engineering / Re: How would you feel?
« Last post by StAthan lecky on August 13, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »
A quiet Sunday so let mayhem resume on Monday !

;D

Mike
Engineering / Re: Engineering View - Barrell roll !
« Last post by Gregg on August 11, 2017, 07:50:38 AM »
Me and the mrs both just watched the "Barrel Roll" ... Both said BS at the same time ..
Our Crews are too Professional to risk their Careers or the Aircraft in that way .. Plus, if they were going to have Done it ..
They'd have done it on the Final Flight with Proper Cameras running , not a Mash-up of Still Images

It happened. There was one video of it that i know of that was subsequently deleted. Really wasn't that impressive. ;D
Aviation Waffle / CONTROVERSY AT BIGGIN HILL ON BBC TV NEWS
« Last post by Rita radford on August 09, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »
Hi All,
Some of you in the London area may have caught the BBC Evening News 28th July 2017 and seen an item on Bromley Council's plans to demolish part of the BIGGIN HILL RAF MEMORIAL CHAPEL to build an ugly square 'box' that will become the long awaited Biggin Hill Museum.  The plans for a mini 'Duxford' type building which could house large artifacts and even an aircraft has been pushed aside for this 'Toilet Block', which it seems will only have photos and video displays. The 'Duxford type' building would probably cost less and importantly would have no effect on the Chapel! The current Council plans require demolition of the Vestry which houses the Air Crew Association stained glass wndow.

A quick witted local resident recorded the News and by clicking on the link to the Downe Village website it can be seen by scrolling down a bit:  http://www.downe-kent.org.uk

To persuade the Council to think again an On-Line petition is running currently with 10,800 signatures. Just Google: Protect Biggin Hill RAF Chapel or click on the link here:   https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/protect-biggin-hill-st-george-s-raf-chapel-of-remembrance
PLEASE VIEW THE PETITION AND HOPEFULLY SIGN AND SHARE,  THANK-YOU VERY MUCH.  RITA RADFORD.

Aviation Waffle / Re: Bruntingthorpe cold war jets
« Last post by StAthan lecky on July 24, 2017, 10:36:03 AM »
Cheers for that "Bubbles"  ;D

Mike
Yep a right pain in the butt!

I haven't used PB for a good years because they did something similar before that required some form of upgrading, can't remember what it was but involved a lot of work or lose the images. As I always keep a copy of my photos anyway I didn't bother and started using imageshack but didn't like as much.
Aviation Waffle / Re: U.S. Marine Herc down in U.S.
« Last post by Funtera on July 11, 2017, 09:54:13 AM »
apparently it suffered a "mishap" ..
I tend to agree!!

RIP
Aviation Waffle / Re: Brian William Brice
« Last post by planenut on July 03, 2017, 08:08:48 PM »
Spotted this headstone in Kempsford (Glos) cemetery and wondered if anyone knows what the connection to Vulcans might be...

Recent, as in 2006, but nothing on internet search. May have to delve further.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10