FAQ / Contact

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engineering / Re: So that's it then?
« Last post by Sad Sam on June 25, 2017, 11:31:36 PM »

Sam I think you are experiencing what many supporters have felt for a long time.

The thing is, while I was there I tried to keep as many of the supporters as possible informed.  No the information is for the clique only...
« Last post by hairrig on June 25, 2017, 09:48:35 PM »

Amazing...

So when I needed containers to store the Canberra spares there were none available and I was basically told to go away and stop being silly.  Eventually an unwanted container was sourced from a playground scheme.  Now there are local suppliers who are willing to provide containers to house all of the trusts assets?  This will be worth watching.  Who is going to load the containers?  As previously mentioned it took the four of us the best part of a month to fill No. 1 hangar.  Maybe this is where the £200k is going...

No I don't get the guardians newsletter as the trust only has my Outlook e-mail address (which they dismantled the day I left)  I rely on snippets from other forums, friends and stuff posted on here.

Probably waiting for and expecting some sort of windfall payment from the Club too Sam. I bet they can't wait for the final membership to be up for renewal. Makes those events back in October 2015 even more distasteful.
« Last post by Mayfly on June 25, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »
I heard some good news today (not from any one connected to the trust - of course)  The anticipated increase in freight has suffered a bit of a set back.  The daily amazon flight has been cancelled (despite Amazon building a huge new warehouse 5 miles down the road)  and a second daily flight has also been cancelled.

I may be reading between the lines but if the airport is not handling so much freight they won't need the extra space in hangar one.

Nice to hear (via someones facebook post) that 558 was out for an engine run today.  Another secret engine run? It's starting to look like the Shackleton saga all over again....

There can't be much of that £200k left now what have the trust spent it all on?

Oh, and for the benefit of a few posters on UKARse I would love to have carried on with 558 but I feel like I am not wanted (and I don't think I was really wanted for quite a long time).  You think because I earnt a living doing something you would gladly do for free I should now volunteer every spare moment?  Well apart from feeling extremely unwanted I think that my family may have something to say if I now start spending any spare time when I'm not working in Wales up in Doncaster.

Sam I think you are experiencing what many supporters have felt for a long time.
« Last post by Sad Sam on June 24, 2017, 09:06:34 PM »
I heard some good news today (not from any one connected to the trust - of course)  The anticipated increase in freight has suffered a bit of a set back.  The daily amazon flight has been cancelled (despite Amazon building a huge new warehouse 5 miles down the road)  and a second daily flight has also been cancelled.

I may be reading between the lines but if the airport is not handling so much freight they won't need the extra space in hangar one.

Nice to hear (via someones facebook post) that 558 was out for an engine run today.  Another secret engine run?  It's starting to look like the Shackleton saga all over again....

There can't be much of that £200k left now what have the trust spent it all on?

Oh, and for the benefit of a few posters on UKARse I would love to have carried on with 558 but I feel like I am not wanted (and I don't think I was really wanted for quite a long time).  You think because I earnt a living doing something you would gladly do for free I should now volunteer every spare moment?  Well apart from feeling extremely unwanted I think that my family may have something to say if I now start spending any spare time when I'm not working in Wales up in Doncaster. 
« Last post by Fonseca on June 24, 2017, 09:56:31 AM »
So the aircraft can stay in hangar 1 till August. Maybe longer - maybe not. Good. Glad we cleared up that confusion :D. Either way it does appear all the other gear will be moved... (if my newsletter cryptography skills are up to scratch ;) ). So once those magic containers materialise -
"Who's going to move all the spares?" Good question. There are lots of big, heavy yet fragile items to be moved. Do I detect the whiff of another appeal in the air? 'Doncaster spares lift' anyone? A chance to recall the heady days of 1948-49? ;). Or will the teams of new Vulcan volunteers find the last part of their qualification course is actually moving lots of items (misc) from a to b? ::)

P.S How long has Donald Trump had an emoji?   O:-)
« Last post by dee on June 24, 2017, 07:55:32 AM »
Just gets better dosent it!!! >:D
« Last post by Sad Sam on June 24, 2017, 12:03:28 AM »
Did no one else get the Floundering Guardians newsletter on Wednesday? At the bottom it has this about the hangar....

"As you know, Doncaster Sheffield Airport have allowed us to store XH558, WK163 and WK275 in Hangar 1 at a peppercorn rent for the time being.

From the original position of allowing us to stay until the end of April, the Airport were able to extend our occupation until the end of July, and this may be extended further.

In the expectation that we will have to leave Hangar 1 at some point, we have agreed with the airport the locations to which the aircraft will be moved temporarily, until the New Hangar is available for occupation

Whilst these aircraft were designed to spend the majority of their time outside, we are mindful of the need to protect them and have plans ready.

With the help of local suppliers, we have a number of ISO containers available into which we will move the rest of the Trust's assets currently in Hangar 1.

We will of course provide further updates.

Do look out for your next Founding Guardians’ email newsletter in the middle of July."

On a slightly different issue have the legal issues around life/ honorary members of the club been investigated? Do any such members need to explicitly agree to the club being dissolved and their life membership being terminated?

Amazing...

So when I needed containers to store the Canberra spares there were none available and I was basically told to go away and stop being silly.  Eventually an unwanted container was sourced from a playground scheme.  Now there are local suppliers who are willing to provide containers to house all of the trusts assets?  This will be worth watching.  Who is going to load the containers?  As previously mentioned it took the four of us the best part of a month to fill No. 1 hangar.  Maybe this is where the £200k is going...

No I don't get the guardians newsletter as the trust only has my Outlook e-mail address (which they dismantled the day I left)  I rely on snippets from other forums, friends and stuff posted on here.
« Last post by hairrig on June 23, 2017, 09:09:53 PM »
On a slightly different issue have the legal issues around life/ honorary members of the club been investigated? Do any such members need to explicitly agree to the club being dissolved and their life membership being terminated?

What legal issues? All Club members (including honorary etc) had the opportunity to vote. There was a massive majority for winding up the Club and joining the Trust's Guardian scheme, a handful of members can't have a veto on that decision. As far as I know they were in any case offered free membership of the Guardians.

Just raised the potential issue as I was interested in how important and pivotal life members were in a recent (albeit a completely different situation) legal battle within the Carp Society. Once a life member always a life member.

To my mind the ordinary membership will gradually decline to zero but there is still a potential for there to be members of the club by way of life memberships or similar. If any of these members do not agree to terminate their membership or take up the Guardians scheme then the club has to still exist and yes I suppose there is the potential for these members to make their own decisions.

All academic though if all the honorary members have been 'dealt' with.
« Last post by scampton61 on June 23, 2017, 06:01:22 PM »

What legal issues? All Club members (including honorary etc) had the opportunity to vote. There was a massive majority for winding up the Club and joining the Trust's Guardian scheme, a handful of members can't have a veto on that decision. As far as I know they were in any case offered free membership of the Guardians.
« Last post by Mayfly on June 23, 2017, 05:32:57 PM »
The above statement is in today's Newsletter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10