Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engineering / Still makes me giggle...
« Last post by Fonseca on April 12, 2017, 11:14:44 AM »
what you can power with two or four 200 series engines...  :D

https://navynews.co.uk/archive/news/item/7985
Engineering / Re: Goodbye to the Engineers
« Last post by CLIFFORD on February 25, 2017, 02:11:27 PM »
PLEASE SAM don't think you have let any one down because YOU haven't.
so glad jobs are on the way, you deserve it. :) :) :) :)
« Last post by jakspeed on February 25, 2017, 09:24:22 AM »
To me and Jax you are an absolute star..So glad things are looking better for you Sam xx

Ditto what Dee says Sam!! Can't thank you enough for our escapades climbing all over 558 - we've been well privileged!  ;)

Glad to see you're keeping your pecker up!  8) xxxxxxxxxxx
« Last post by dee on February 25, 2017, 08:09:59 AM »
To me and Jax you are an absolute star..So glad things are looking better for you Sam xx
« Last post by Sad Sam on February 24, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »
Thank you all for your kind wishes, It really has been a blast.

In 2009 I joined the team as a temporary contractor to help out with the first winter service at Bruntingthorpe.  In 2017 the contract ended - I may well have set a new world record!

I have had a great time, I turned my hobby (I have been a club member since 2006/7) into my job, I met some great people and made some friendships that I will always treasure, and all the while I have had the noisiest bestest toy in the box to play with  ;D ;D

When we left 558 and 163 in hangar 0ne I was in tears (not helped by the manner of passing but that's another tale)  I feel we have let both down especially 163 as she has not been given a chance to tell what is a fantastic story.  I also had to put the Ranger "build a plane project" to bed and that really hurt as it meant I let the students and cadets who were the future and basis of the "Etna project" down very badly.

All good things come to an end.  Most of the last month has been spent pinging my cv around the ether and if it was not for 558 I would not have had a lot of the contacts to send it to.  This week some of the threads have come together and it looks like I may well be keeping busy doing what I want to do - looking after old aeroplanes and putting them back where they belong (in the air and not hidden in a dusty shed or at the back of an airfield rotting away)  When you hear what I've been upto I hope you will all smile and say "we helped him do that!"

Don't be good, keep smiling and look out for the little bloke with the big tash!
« Last post by ollie impus4 on February 23, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »
I may only be a humble foot soldier member and supporter, but my admiration for what the engineers achieved  - not far short of a miracle - is nonetheless unconditionally massive. And unless anyone knows any different, the project is unlikely to be surpassed for a very long time. Any other aircraft return to flight projects won't scratch the surface by comparison. Or is that challenge....

To be able to bring pleasure, pride and enjoyment to so many and over a long period and in so many places, is something truly special for anyone to be in position to do, but to do so from behind the scenes, in true unsung hero fashion, is even more remarkable.

Wishing you all the very best

Thank you. One and all.   
« Last post by fil cad on February 22, 2017, 09:12:10 PM »
I promised myself that i wouldn't post on this Forum again after the "Final Flight" debacle and the appalling way (in my opinion) that the Club committee was excluded from that event and the subsequent poor decisions made by the Trust hierarchy regarding the flawed funding model that has clearly failed us all ! However the time for recriminations is for others to mull over and this post and topic is purely to say a heartfelt "Thank You" to all the Engineers past,present and sadly departed who have made this wonderful journey possible!
I would like to wish those that are leaving 558 this week the very best in the future and thank you to you all !! you are the "REAL" heroes of the 558 story.

Goodbye and stay safe.

Mike Johnson
spot on Mike.
Engineering / Re: Throttle lever buttons
« Last post by PaulH2015 on February 20, 2017, 09:18:18 AM »
Not red, but there is a big button facing the pilot.  Maybe a smaller 'talk' button on the side?  This is 558.
« Last post by Mags on February 18, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
Sad times. Nothing to add to all the posts above - feelings mutual.

« Last post by Funtera on February 17, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »
my sincere thanks in the jobs that You did and the amazing thing that YOU achieved ..
Without the Engineers working hard We would NEVER have had Our Lady back in the Skies..

so, Thank You .. I got to show My Son what My Dad showed Me .. Proud of You guys

Steve
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10