FAQ / Contact

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aviation Waffle / Re: Douglas DC4 at North Weald
« Last post by sickbag_andy on Today at 01:58:04 PM »
I think that it would be nice to see the Skymaster flying again would be a great edition to any airshow just sad that when something good is mentioned on UKAR they always play it down and as Sam said they turn it into a slagging match.

there are people on UKAR who appear to want every restoration projetc to fail which is a bit odd as they are often moaning that there is nothing new on the airshow circuit ::).
However on the positive side a couple of the mods on UKAR are regular visitors to north Weald so maybe once they see things happening they may post comments in a more favourable light to counter the normal doom-mongers that they attract on UKAR.
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by Funtera on April 21, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »
ummm ...
Hawks, Eagles, Tornadoes, Typhoons, Chinook, Hercs and 2 Ospreys ..
3 days in the Loop!!
Aviation Waffle / Re: Circular Runways
« Last post by Wizzy on April 21, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »
An update to this story:

Circular runways: Engineer defends his proposal:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39643292
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 20, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »
One of those funny 5 Squadron jets (Global Express with a mod done Thule) doing circuits around Cardiff.

Great isn't it 6 miles up the road there is an MoD base with an active runway and air traffic sitting around twiddling their thumbs so the Gro Bags decide to go and give money to the Civvies instead...

Oh and two 747, one 777 and a 787, though they probably don't count as they are all indoors (well one of the Jumbos is on the pan outside but being worked on) this is one seriously big hangar...
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 20, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »
The club would be more than welcome to get involved.

I think there are quite a few familiar names following the facebook page.

This will be a big project, not as much of a money pit as 558 but with a great story to tell.

The cold war is now part of the curriculum so there will be interest from schools as she really is a bit of living history.

We plan to have access to the aircraft for the supporters with organised visits, events, the chance to help out getting your hands dirty and we hope flights as well.

It's all a dream at the moment but one we need to act on soon if we want to save her from the breakers and be ready for next year.

Lots of interest in my post yesterday (ok yes so I see the point of farcebook - it will be nice if we can turn those "likes" in into Pounds Sterling)

https://www.facebook.com/savetheskymaster/?pnref=story
« Last post by dee on April 20, 2017, 07:45:11 AM »
Well to say i dont like Prop jobs, i actually like this one!!

Could the 'club; do some fund raising ??!!
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 19, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »
Thanks for the pics Andy,

The last time I went down there (a couple of weeks ago) most of the cars had been moved from underneath the wings.

I have finally succumbed to a farcebook account in order to post updates on there.

https://www.facebook.com/savetheskymaster/?pnref=story

It's an open page so anyone can read what is going on.

The crowd funding idea is looking more likely now though we are still pursuing other options.

The more I think about it I quite like the idea as it means we will keep the aircraft here which will put a little bit of variety into the airshow scene.

If we follow the crowd funding plan there will be a new web site if you don't want to follow the project on facebook.
« Last post by CLIFFORD on April 19, 2017, 04:10:32 PM »
good luck Sam ;)
« Last post by sickbag_andy on April 19, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
good luck with the project Sam, here are a couple of pics of it that I took last June at the Air Britain fly in:

N44914 (56498 'Atlantic Diviusion') C.54, North Weald 18-6-2016 6280 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

N44914 (56498 'Atlantic Diviusion') C.54, North Weald 18-6-2016 6296 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

all the best

Andy
« Last post by JACKB on April 17, 2017, 03:02:19 PM »
I think that it would be nice to see the Skymaster flying again would be a great edition to any airshow just sad that when something good is mentioned on UKAR they always play it down and as Sam said they turn it into a slagging match.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10