Author Topic: How would you feel?  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: How would you feel?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 08:44:34 PM »
I think We upset him by ridiculing his latest scheme to cover 558 in stickers in order to keep 10 people in a job!
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 09:23:12 PM »
I think We upset him by ridiculing his latest scheme to cover 558 in stickers in order to keep 10 people in a job!
He also took exception to being  questioned about his role in the current 558 debacle and would not answer simple questions about the current finances and the number of Trust employees on the payroll stating that he was only a contractor and just following orders ::)

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 08:27:57 AM »
He also took exception to being  questioned about his role in the current 558 debacle and would not answer simple questions about the current finances and the number of Trust employees on the payroll stating that he was only a contractor and just following orders ::)

Mike

That was his idea, might have guessed although I personally would think it's more likely to be Mr Trotter.
As to remaining staff....
Let's think about this?

Dr Robert (CEO) part time
Andy Edmondson (eng manager) full time
Mr Trotter (VTSE) part time
1  Finance at Nuneaton ?
1 Admin at Nuneaton ? 
Taff zero hours contract?
Is there anyone else at Robin Hood?

Where are the other reported 4 of 10?

This all I can think of and as I read somewhere their job status.
Question  Is can you count part time and zero hours as employed?

There is a bloke called  Boddington hanging around, but don't know his status

Wasn't there 3 engineers sub contracted to 2Exel in hangar 3 ..... Are they counted as employed?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:46:46 AM by Zero One »
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline Flipflopman

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2017, 09:00:41 PM »
Well the quiet Monday came and went.

Still no replies from the grown ups.

Guess they have reverted to type and are now just ignoring us and hope that we will all get bored and go away....
Pretty much my thoughts Sam !what a rubbish line of communication the Trust have adopted,still so long as people continue to be sucked in to donating and spending money with them they will just continue on and ignore our questions and comments,I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the Forum down to finaly silence us !!

>:(

Mike

Mike

I seem to remember when they set up the trust, that Mr Edmondson dictated that no member of the Trust employees was to post on any forum including this one, but both Sam and I did ????????

Not really how I recall it Denis?

As you probably remember myself and others were frequent contributors to this and many other forums throughout the restoration and I always did my level best to pass on as much engineering information and progress updates as I physically had the opportunity to.

This was in fact one of the main areas that both Andrew and Robert said they would like me to focus on when offering me a position in the team for the flying phase.

Cheers,
Ron

Offline Paramania

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 11:40:56 PM »
Well the quiet Monday came and went.

Still no replies from the grown ups.

Guess they have reverted to type and are now just ignoring us and hope that we will all get bored and go away....
Pretty much my thoughts Sam !what a rubbish line of communication the Trust have adopted,still so long as people continue to be sucked in to donating and spending money with them they will just continue on and ignore our questions and comments,I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the Forum down to finaly silence us !!

>:(

Mike

Mike

I seem to remember when they set up the trust, that Mr Edmondson dictated that no member of the Trust employees was to post on any forum including this one, but both Sam and I did ????????

Not really how I recall it Denis?

As you probably remember myself and others were frequent contributors to this and many other forums throughout the restoration and I always did my level best to pass on as much engineering information and progress updates as I physically had the opportunity to.

This was in fact one of the main areas that both Andrew and Robert said they would like me to focus on when offering me a position in the team for the flying phase.

Cheers,
Ron
Hi Ron - would you return to 558 engineering if you were invited back?

She could probably do with some qualified engineers around her now the staff have been laid off!

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »
Moderator hat on I'm afraid (and personal opinion)

I am more than well aware of how everyone feels about the current situation and although it may not look as if I'm very active I can promise that 558 is a big worry for me and for Malcolm, and I am constantly trying to do something to help.

However can we please keep things civil and constructive on here. Not being, at the very least, civil lowers the level of the Forum. It leaves us open to ridicule and criticism, and will not get us taken seriously and could even speed the close of the Forum. I am pleased we still have it as a platform for the ex-Club and others to air our thoughts but we must not let it become a slanging match or a name calling arena.

I know feelings are running high and there are many angry and frustrated people out there, many too that are suffering a feeling of great loss, and until we see something concrete about the hangar we will still all feel like this. I really hope that we see some movement on it soon and that the plans are passed, and that there is indeed steel ordered and builders ready to go. It is heartbreaking seeing the aircraft that gave so much pleasure to so many thousands, sitting out on the corner of the airfield in all weathers.

We will lose the Forum if the Trust decide they want to stop it. Its a flick of a switch to them but would be a great loss to us.

Meanwhile it's great to see some old friends back on here and that is why we so need this Forum. Its like coming home  ;) :)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:28:49 AM by brains_mt »
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2017, 10:27:10 AM »
Ron!!! It hasn't been the same without Flipflopman  :D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
what Jane said ;)

Offline steve w

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2017, 11:21:56 AM »
Hi Ron, used to look forward to your posts!

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »
Following comments on UKAR about how non-standard XH558 is with regards all the kit which was stripped out & the fitment on modern avionics, a number of us have said we recall that the plan was to refit all the equipment ( and restore the cockpit to standard ) once it stopped flying.

Firstly, are we correct ?

Secondly, if we are correct, is there any reason why this hasn't been done or at last commenced ( or has it, but not publicised ? )

Edited to add.....
And speaking of UKAR -- Have you got your membership sorted yet, Jane ??
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:46:21 PM by wcg »
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2017, 03:43:37 PM »
I distinctly remember being told that the original equipment would go back in 558, tho' I knew it couldn't happen because miles of cabling was removed and cut up. However I'm sure it was meant cosmetically, such as cockpit instruments.

Offline steve w

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »
Not the most burning question IMO?

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 05:22:13 PM »
Nobody's saying it is....doesn't mean it can't be asked though, especially as there are people on here who can answer it.
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline steve w

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »
I would imagine that question will be well down the list. Let's get a hangar otherwise what instrumentation she has in her "retirement" is a mute point really? Anyway as I said just my opinion and not meant stir massive debate!  ;)

Offline Flipflopman

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »
Hi guys,

Blimey, that was a nice welcome back!!  ;D It's good to see so many familiar faces still around!

Paramania,

Unfortunately, my career has taken a different path nowadays, so I'm not really hands on any more and spend my days 'engineering' figures instead  ;D Obviously I still have a great affinity for the jet though and would always give whatever help I could.

Jane!!

Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say.  :D

Clifford, Steve,

Thanks guys, that means a lot.

So, with regard to the cockpit instruments, yes, as far as I recall it was frequently mentioned in Q&As around the time of the restoration that the original cockpit panels and instruments would be retained and refitted "after it's flying life", however, as Mayfly has said I think this was mentioned when the idea was that it would be housed in a museum as a static piece. Time marches on though and plans change, so while physically possible to refit the panels and instruments, they would not be functional without a second extensive rewire to retrofit the old kit, as the cockpit was extensively stripped and rewired for the modern instrument fit.

Leave it as it is! It looks quite funky!  ;D ;D

Cheers,
Flipflopman