Author Topic: Regular giving vs. one offs  (Read 2860 times)

Offline JeremyC

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Regular giving vs. one offs
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:28:14 PM »
Back in the early days, before the first flight and afterwards the push always seemed to be for people to set up DDs and give regularly.  Consequently I've been quietly dribbling several hundred a year in to the organisation.  The benefits of known, regular income are obvious and I suspect a significant proportion of the trusts funds come in this way.

However over the past few years the campaigning emphasis has been on buying shares and funding individual efforts and these donations often come with associated rewards.

Whilst my main goal in giving was always to support the maintenance and operation of the aircraft I can't help feel I've missed out over the last few years having given many hundreds but not received any rewards.

I'd be interested in other's opinions on this and particularly in any official response.

Cheers

Jeremy

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Regular giving vs. one offs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 11:30:19 AM »
Yes, it is a difficult one to answer I guess. I have been doing a DD for quite a while now, and also participating in various share schemes and funding. I think there was talk a long time back about tallying up what individuals had contributed but not sure if it ever got completed or indeed if it was even achievable.