FAQ / Contact

Author Topic: So that's it then?  (Read 6067 times)

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: So that's it then?
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
You guys!!! ::) ;) :)
It wasn't me that started it Miss,it was that Horrid Gregg bloke ! honest

;D

Injured Party
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
You'll be an injured party when i get you. Shouldn't ypu be dribbling soup and wetting yourself like other old farts?  ;D
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2017, 07:27:42 PM »
I don't have a problem with that and nor does my 18 year old (female) Thai carer (not a lady boy  ;D),getting back on track with the more serious stuff,nice to see that Ian has put his hands up to being on the Trust payroll but how many others ? and what does it cost those that still donate to 558 !,more transparency please before I and hundreds of others dip into our pockets again.

Mike

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »
A few questions.

1.Why was the Club Committee excluded from the final flight ?
2.Who is currently employed or receiving remuneration of any sort from Trust funds ?
3.How much is the current wage bill including expenses and retainer fees etc ?
4.How cost effective are the current batch of Air Show attendances by the Trust Trailer after deducting costs ?
5.What are the current cash reserves of the Trust ?

Regards

Mike

Very valid questions Mike - I wonder if they'll get answered today? Or ever?

Waiting with baited breath............................. ::)

Is there anybody out there?? We is waiting!!

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2017, 03:29:50 PM »
regarding questing 4.
my thought is as long as the stand makes a profit (the more the better) it is there as the ONLY contact people have, there is still a lot of interest in 558 we can keep them informed as much as we know.  also much to our surprise there is a very big following for the Canberra  with people buying all sorts of merchandise. at RIAT we only had small and xx3 tee shirts left on Sunday afternoon.
without the trust stand there would be no contact for people to talk to.

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2017, 06:18:27 PM »
Hi Clifford,

Plenty of contact on the forum except that the Trust refuse to use it to answer their critics !,I note your comments regarding the Trust Trailer at various shows and applaud you for volunteering to help out when required,the problem is that being run by the Trust invariably means that you as a volunteer will only hear the Trust's one sided take on the situation and selling a few T shirts is not going to make a whole lot of difference to the Trust finances after you have taken into consideration the cost of the event (site) fees,fuel,merchandise food and accommodation for the event !.
I wish with all my heart that I could believe that you and other volunteers where making a difference and helping to preserve 558 for the future but I strongly suspect that all you are doing is keeping a few people in a job and 558 will slowly become sidelined and fall into disrepair or worse !

Mike

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
I'm not sure what you expect me to post here?

I'm a contractor with no knowledge of many of the things that seem to be an issue.

I'll kindly suggest you need to speak to one of the Trustees or wait on any official statements that might come along.
As it is, I'm rather tired of all the implications that I am somehow involved as a 'member of the Trust' in all that it does or the direction and position it is in.

Nor do I like the thought that some might think I'm 'profiteering' of publicly donated money. I've actually helped turn donations into vast profits, but that's another story. 

I do not manage the Trust, so it's just best for me to keep a low profile and do what I'm contracted to do...... if any have a problem with what I have 'cost' - then think again.

For clarity, I'll not be visiting this forum in future.

Many thanks.
Ian

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:08:29 PM by PA28 »

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2017, 01:25:41 PM »
mike;
Not being a banner-waver for UKAR but you could try asking your questions there, given that one of the Trustees ( Steve Liddle ) posts on there.
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »
I'm not sure what you expect me to post here?

I'm a contractor with no knowledge of many of the things that seem to be an issue.

I'll kindly suggest you need to speak to one of the Trustees or wait on any official statements that might come along.
As it is, I'm rather tired of all the implications that I am somehow involved as a 'member of the Trust' in all that it does or the direction and position it is in.

Nor do I like the thought that some might think I'm 'profiteering' of publicly donated money. I've actually helped turn donations into vast profits, but that's another story. 

I do not manage the Trust, so it's just best for me to keep a low profile and do what I'm contracted to do...... if any have a problem with what I have 'cost' - then think again.

Many thanks.
Ian

That's an interesting comment Ian.  I am sure that under your username it says "administrator" how will that work?  We will now have a forum where the administrator does not visit....

You have spent a long time blowing your own trumpet, letting everyone know what a great job you have done.  Only natural then that they will assume that you are closely connected to the trust and all of its mechanisms and decisions.

Being a contractor for the trust is a pretty thankless task - but at least they talked to you (and still retain your services) not saying I did not have a great time as I did but it would have been nice if the management (not including you as you are just a fellow scummy contractor) or the trustees, on one of their rare visits  to the hangar floor, had made some sort of effort to say hello - or even explain what was going on...

The problem is that people have given a lot of money - some people gave a lot more than they could afford and now they can not even see the aircraft they supposedly have a "share" in.  To add further insult to injury they are now being asked to donate more money for  a scheme that many feel will desecrate the aircraft for no purpose other than keeping a few people in a job.  There is no evidence that those people still employed are making any progress in preserving 558 for future generations or inspiring future generations of aviation people - I would say they are doing more to inspire future generations of administrators, bookkeepers and party planners, as that way you are sure to keep your job when the plan goes pear shape...
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline eddief

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2017, 12:51:36 AM »
I just got back from a lovely break in Majorca & a fab, two hour session flying an A320 simulator - great fun.
985 posts on last forum - so I get the \'hallowed 1000\' for just 15 on this one (yippee!)

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2017, 04:46:16 PM »
Nice to have you back Eddie !,as a prominent sponsor of 558 perhaps you can shed some light on the current situation regarding the future of 558 as the Trust and lately Ian Homer have failed to do so despite plenty of opportunities to respond to posts on this thread and the "How Would You Feel"thread started by Sam.

Mike

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »

Many thanks.
Ian

Thanks for your reply Ian, it speaks volumes to me - 'teddy' and 'cot' come to mind..........!

Mikes questions are reasonable, valid and what most of we 'little people' are wanting answers for.
Genuine answers that is, not Politicspeak which we have endured in the newsletters from a small bunch of people telling us it's ok when it obviously isn't!

Eddief, great to see you back on here but could you help please?

We are all concerned with the slow motion car crash that is happening to 558 (aka the 'Peoples Aircraft') and to see her dumped in the middle of a sewage farm just staggers belief.

Offline ascot5046

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »
Yes please, Eddie, or are you bound by some confidentiality clause?

We all deserve respect, our questions are simple and we don't believe a bean that is being churned out to us through the PR machine.

As a major sponsor, you should be asking the same questions, surely?

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
Oooh shiny new anniversary fleeces on sale from the Trust today ! FLEECE"D" being the operative word  >:(

Mike
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:20:34 PM by StAthan lecky »

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2017, 06:06:57 PM »
Oooh shiny new anniversary fleeces on sale from the Trust today ! FLEECE being the operative word  >:(

Mike

90 quid?? Is that for all of 'em??

Is they 'aving a larf??