FAQ / Contact

Author Topic: How would you feel?  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: How would you feel?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »
They don't want me on UKAR!! I've tried to contact them several times and in various ways but to no avail! I am actually registered on there just need to know my password >:( Oh Well ;) :)

I take it you have tried to reset your password Jane.

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »

Like Rob, I've seen what happens to a Vulcan and other aircraft which haven't been properly looked after at an airport ( XM569 at Cardiff ) and it would be a depressing waste if the same were to happen to XH558, especially given the many £millions which have been donated to the various appeals over the years.

well that was a very worthwhile post Clive, thanks for coming out of hibernation if only temporarily.  The last line (which I've quoted)  really sums up my feelings and dare I say all of us here and I think that is probably the bottom line for us all.

There always was a worry re what would happen once flying ended and although in an ideal world we would like to have seen her continue flying we have I think accepted that can never happen so safe preservation for a long future is what we must wish for (taxying or not).  I just want some words from the trust that give me full confidence that it will happen.  At the moment there is a perception for me at least that they cannot do that.  i'm sure I am not alone in feeling that and maybe that's why this discussion has snowballed (both here and UKAR for that matter), not to deliberately have a dig at the trust but more out of concern for 558.
FWIW I still think a commercial airport was the right base for flying but not once that finished and I feel that is becoming more apparent as time goes on.
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 12:49:18 PM »
They don't want me on UKAR!! I've tried to contact them several times and in various ways but to no avail! I am actually registered on there just need to know my password >:( Oh Well ;) :)
Jane, you should have a PM from me regarding this -- The Site Admin ( LN Strike Eagle ) has offered to look into it for you if you E-Mail him.

Clive
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »
I've tried everything and several emails to admin to no avail Pam  :(

However I will get i touch with Dan Thank you Clive.

I don't want to get involved in Ukar but sometimes feel I need to post and can't.

Lovely to see some old faces back on here   :D Please keep posting  :D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
I wonder how long incarnation 5 will last? I bet neverfuel posts some thoughts to get things going later!

I'm surprised the mods agreed to dump it so quickly after Dan B's dummy throw or was it his decision alone?
To be honest, the way it had degenerated into a handbag-swinging free-for-all between a handful of posters, with 'Neverfuel' in particular seeming to want to take on everybody ( both detractors and supporters ), I'm surprised it took this long to get binned....it was getting embarrassing, really.

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 03:54:13 PM »
They crack me up as well as frustrating me. 44 posts so far debating if there should be a 558 thread. They obviously can't stop talking about 558 in any shape or form.

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »
If you ignore the 'I'm not interested' posts ( which makes you wonder why they bothered reading & posting on the topic ) there are still a number of posters who do want to discuss the current issues around XH558, just as it's being discussed on this forum.

As I posted on there, it seems to be the case that the Trust are ignoring and failing to address the concerns of those who support the actual aircraft.

If people stop voicing their concerns on forums & social media, then there's no chance of any change occurring ( not that there looks to be much of a chance of that happening as things stand )

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:39 PM »
The problem is the trust are not interested in anyone's opinion.

As far as they are concerned anyone who posts on an internet forum is a half wit and their opinion is not worth the paper it is written on.

As far as the trust are concerned it is their way or no way.

All we can hope is that when the trust goes belly up there is something worth saving.

For what it is worth Jacqui this will not cost you a penny.  The new owner will buy the wreckage from the trust (plus any spares that have not been sold in bobs bargin store) he will employ FAA licensed mechanics to sort the jet and then fly it away.

There will be no "give us your money or 558 is scrapped" type appeals.
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »
A quiet Sunday so let mayhem resume on Monday !

;D

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
Well the quiet Monday came and went.

Still no replies from the grown ups.

Guess they have reverted to type and are now just ignoring us and hope that we will all get bored and go away....
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
I've tried everything and several emails to admin to no avail Pam  :(

However I will get i touch with Dan Thank you Clive.
Have you tried getting in touch with Dan yet, Jane, as he says he hasn't heard anything for you yet ?

If you've had no joy on the E-Mail address I PM'd you, let me know and I'll PM you his other ( personal, non-UKAR ) E-Mail address.

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 01:25:49 PM »
Well the quiet Monday came and went.

Still no replies from the grown ups.

Guess they have reverted to type and are now just ignoring us and hope that we will all get bored and go away....
Pretty much my thoughts Sam !what a rubbish line of communication the Trust have adopted,still so long as people continue to be sucked in to donating and spending money with them they will just continue on and ignore our questions and comments,I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the Forum down to finaly silence us !!

>:(

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
Whaddya mean adopted.......it just seems to be the same old mushrooming ( but with less feeding )

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »
Now that Ian the Administrator has left i can imagine they will shut the forum..
Back up plan needed soon me thinks!??
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
Start posting on another forum.....not that it'll make any difference as the Trust will still ignore everyone.
And it says it all that the only person from within 'the management' ( and he's a Trustee rather than one of the Trust ) who openly posts on a forum does so on another one, but none of them will do so on here.