FAQ / Contact

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aviation Waffle / Re: Douglas DC4 at North Weald
« Last post by Sad Sam on Today at 11:52:04 AM »
I shall ask the question.

You could contact Allan Vogel directly, his contact e-mail is on the "save the skymaster" facebook page.

I think from the fundraisers point of view the "Just giving" site is very easy to set up - I know it took only a few hours for it to go live after I was told it was happening.

I have never given a thought to "Just Giving" making money from donations but I guess they must do as I'm sure they are not a charity.

You could always send it to me directly - my bank account account details are .....  ;)
« Last post by PhillyJ on Today at 10:14:12 AM »
Hey Sam, is there any other way to donate as I'm starting to get a bit peeved about how much JustGiving have made from my donations over the many years that I've given to various charidees.
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 25, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »
Thank you Dee.

Some other familiar names on there now.

We have raised £160 so far, long way to go yet but from little acorns...

I had a long chat with Allan Vogel this afternoon and he has had some more good news with regard to the avionics which he will be telling the world about soon  ;D
« Last post by dee on April 25, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
Donated, Good luck!!
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 24, 2017, 11:30:20 PM »
Evening all.

We have now launched a "just giving page" to save the Skymaster.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/save-the-skymaster?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Yimbyprojectpage&utm_campaign=projectpage-share-owner&utm_term=XNYE5gVJ8

The target is £65,000 which will allow us to buy the aircraft from the current owners.  There will then be further appeals to raise the funds to restore her to flight.  If you donate and we don't raise the target funds there is a facility to refund and money donated.

Have a look at Facebook page to see some of the history (also a chance to see some of the work that will be involved)  I posted some pictures of the corrosion on the spar caps and within hours I have three guys telling me the work could not be done...

https://www.facebook.com/savetheskymaster/?pnref=story

All good fun.
« Last post by sickbag_andy on April 24, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
I think that it would be nice to see the Skymaster flying again would be a great edition to any airshow just sad that when something good is mentioned on UKAR they always play it down and as Sam said they turn it into a slagging match.

there are people on UKAR who appear to want every restoration projetc to fail which is a bit odd as they are often moaning that there is nothing new on the airshow circuit ::).
However on the positive side a couple of the mods on UKAR are regular visitors to north Weald so maybe once they see things happening they may post comments in a more favourable light to counter the normal doom-mongers that they attract on UKAR.
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by Funtera on April 21, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »
ummm ...
Hawks, Eagles, Tornadoes, Typhoons, Chinook, Hercs and 2 Ospreys ..
3 days in the Loop!!
Aviation Waffle / Re: Circular Runways
« Last post by Wizzy on April 21, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »
An update to this story:

Circular runways: Engineer defends his proposal:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39643292
Aviation Waffle / Re: Spotted
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 20, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »
One of those funny 5 Squadron jets (Global Express with a mod done Thule) doing circuits around Cardiff.

Great isn't it 6 miles up the road there is an MoD base with an active runway and air traffic sitting around twiddling their thumbs so the Gro Bags decide to go and give money to the Civvies instead...

Oh and two 747, one 777 and a 787, though they probably don't count as they are all indoors (well one of the Jumbos is on the pan outside but being worked on) this is one seriously big hangar...
« Last post by Sad Sam on April 20, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »
The club would be more than welcome to get involved.

I think there are quite a few familiar names following the facebook page.

This will be a big project, not as much of a money pit as 558 but with a great story to tell.

The cold war is now part of the curriculum so there will be interest from schools as she really is a bit of living history.

We plan to have access to the aircraft for the supporters with organised visits, events, the chance to help out getting your hands dirty and we hope flights as well.

It's all a dream at the moment but one we need to act on soon if we want to save her from the breakers and be ready for next year.

Lots of interest in my post yesterday (ok yes so I see the point of farcebook - it will be nice if we can turn those "likes" in into Pounds Sterling)

https://www.facebook.com/savetheskymaster/?pnref=story
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10