FAQ / Contact

Author Topic: NEWS LETTER  (Read 3889 times)

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: NEWS LETTER
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
Was there a newsletter on Tuesday 14th?  I've not received one.
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »
no news letters on Tuesdays.  if your lucky you may get one Fridays.

Offline PA28

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »
Just to help avoid confusion, there are limited 'specific' promotional emails to smaller audiences (at low cost), so some might get one, and not another...

Friday's are 'generally' the only full circulation, with the odd exception for appeal updates or major fundraising.

Criteria for the others might be:

- Have supported shares.
-  Have spent in the web store.
-  Have bought medals
-  Have bought DVDs before      etc.....    These work out more effective as the returns (engagement and income) far outweigh the costs, so making money to help XH558.

This is a testing system for future things like Founding Guardians, Presentations/Events etc... (within a certain radius) etc...

On that basis, ex-Club members that are or are about to become FG's will not be missing out. In fact, you will have (O2 Priority type) notice!!

Hope that helps.

Ian
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:12:08 PM by PA28 »

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »
I thought the founding Guardians scheme must have been shelved as I've heard nothing in the year the scheme has been running.

I submitted an article for the first magazine - that will be a work of nonsense now as everything I put in that article has now been shelved/mothballed.

So basically you are saying that if someone has subscribed to share issues (which I have)  Have spent money in the webstore (which I have) or bought DVDs (which I have) I've also bought books, clothing and other merchandise.  Then that person will get onto the special approved list...

It would be nice if the news letter contained news about what is happening to 558 rather than just more ways for the punters to give you more money.
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2017, 01:58:48 PM »
I STILL have not had last weeks news letter :-[

Offline PA28

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »
Sam,
It's not a special list, they are targeted lists, based on what that person has been interested in before. The whole idea is that we can reduce the commercial calls to those that are more likely to want to hear about them, then bring in more editorials and interesting stories to the regular Friday editions. (Not going to happen just yet though...)

Idea of the 'segmented' lists is to reduce costs while maximising income.
We can only talk more about XH558 when there is something happening to her, which on the basis of tonights edition, might be sooner if funds keep coming in.

Yes, Founding Guardians scheme is being re-energised and moving onwards now 2017 is secure to cover basic survival of the Trust.

Cliff, you are on the system and they are going to you, so check your SPAM/other folders. Will update the archive soon, so you can view online if worst happens.

Cheers.

Offline ADI

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »