Author Topic: The big push?  (Read 66166 times)

Offline katie_t

• Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: The big push?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Vulcan or Vulcan to the Sky got 4 mentions in the local Gloucestershire press in the 8 days prior to RIAT, including one with a photo of me, my family and Sarah Abbott ( :shock:  luckily for us, it never made it online ;) ). Hopefully this is the start of ongoing publicity when we hold an event locally, although in the long, dark days of Feb they didn't manage to print anything, although I tried  :(  :(

This was a big contrast to my in-laws in Worthing, who came to stay full of the news they had been following about the troubles and subsequent salavtion in the local Argus. Guess I need to take advice from you guys down south!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »
Quote from: "Mayfly"
is serviceable for the start of the season in MAY.

'IF you were moved by seeing her fly today then we need your help for her to fly tomorrow' [next year]
It looks good

Sounds & Reads like a good Line for advertsing to me "Get our PR people on to it" where do you get these lines from Mayfly??? :D  :D

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 02:58:32 PM »
Sorry about all these questions but just joining i am not aware of the problems....I have gathered it cost £1.8 million to run aircraft and is that everything staff ,ongoing cost like fuel,maintence you can only set a figure and hope you are right ....the aircraft has had a so far a pretty full show year or part at this stage the appearance money does that all go on fuel cost the club provides some funding with club fee's and selling stock and other activities... corporate sponsers are a mix of services and money so the the bottom line how much do we have to raise to have servicable aircraft for next year there must be a projected spend on paper through this year......is it the £1.8 million total or has some money been put aside and if so what is the amount needed to be raised ?

Offline Panel 10

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
The first display of the year should herald the following year's funding campaign.  ;)
-----o00o----˚(_)˚----o00o-----

Ooooo ello

[size=150]Wot![/size] no spam

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 06:47:23 PM »
Or as a preference , it should start before the first display !  ;)  :mrgreen:
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
well that is just good sense and budget should be set after the last revenue earning display the year before then if you have problem you can react to it early and steer the fund raising  campaign's

Offline RHP

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
Quote from: "bigmike67"
... if you have problem you can react to it early ...
A lesson still to be learned apparently  :cry: . Last years season was saved by an almightly last minute push. This years was saved by a phenomenally generous last minute donation. Next years fund raising push should be in full swing now with the majority of funds safely stashed away ready for the winter lay up and servicing that should start in around 10 weeks time. We can all see how hard the Club is working from the postings here but practical results from Trust endeavours seem to be missing ..................  :cry:

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 08:55:20 PM »
Does anybody know what amount's we are looking to find over the next eight month's and if funds have been put aside the interest on safe investment is not good at the moment...I am not familar with charitable trust's with the locomotive company i am involved with a set of accounts have to be provided expenditure ,running cost etc set against gains so everthing is transparent and you can see from one year to the other where savings and adjustments can be made.

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »
From the most recent Newsletter :
"The importance of both the monthly and one-off donations from our supporters will remain very significant, even in our new plans. Rather than mount an appeal only when we see the imminent need for funds, we have now launched an Annual Appeal, which will run for the entire year, with the target of £1million over the year, which we are of course strongly promoting during the airshow season.

All donations, whether they be monthly or one-off, will go towards the Appeal, and we will publish the amount of money raised every month."

Hopefully - as I suggested on another part of the Forum - the published figures , when they eventually appear , will also include funds received to date from corporate sponsorship { rather than "future funds promised" } , which would give a much better picture of the actual requirements.

Edited to say : -
100th post !!  :D
So in line with sickbag_andy's suggestion { £5 donation when you reach 100 posts } , I'm off to increase the coffers !!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »
But i am sorry to keep asking the question.... what funds do we have right now set aside if any for next year what are the on going running cost per month... and a projected target per month with the recent history as guide plus the outstanding pledges and then we will know the shortfall.... and what we are up against then we can see each month wether we are on target and then direct funding  efforts accordingley  or not ....this is not difficult someone must know these figures.

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2010, 10:48:58 PM »
Being new here does the Trust keep this information in house because they consider the information sensisitive if this is the case a small amount of club commitee must be privy to this information to be able to direct the fund raising side of the club to the most cost effective ways of keeping funding going and on track to meet the need's of the aircraft for next season...Mike

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
it's down to a mixture of confidentiality, comericial sensitivity and simply not having a clue people are asking.
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline johnjosh43

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
Slightly off topic but still relevant - don't charities have to publish accounts every 12 months. Last time I looked VTST still had 2008 ones there.
Has anyone seen any more recent sets ?

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
Well i can understand some of the sensitivity where large sponsership is involved so people do not get cold feet but it is essential that someone on club commitee level  knows what the true picture is and this might be the case they do.....The hard facts are you cannot keep having a crisis you might get away with once but it starts to look if do not know what you are doing   i am sure that is not the  case because of the success  of the past.......I think some of the problem is that we so are releaved the   aircraft flying and it's fantastic reception with the public that we been dazzled by the light we should be planning right now   on a financial basis for 2011 to 2012 display year not starting   now planning for next year...... beacause in a hop skip and jump we will be the the Autum of this year very soon ...under company law you have to produce accounts every year but i am not sure about charity status i will find out.I am afraid if you want people to work there hearts you have to bring them into the loop....... ;)

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »
Quote from: "bigmike67"
Well i can understand some of the sensitivity where large sponsership is involved so people do not get cold feet but it is essential that someone on club commitee level  knows what the true picture is and this might be the case they do.....The hard facts are you cannot keep having a crisis you might get away with once but it starts to look if do not know what you are doing   i am sure that is not the  case because of the success  of the past.......I think some of the problem is that we so are releaved the   aircraft flying and it's fantastic reception with the public that we been dazzled by the light we should be planning right now   on a financial basis for 2011 to 2012 display year not starting   now planning for next year...... beacause in a hop skip and jump we will be the the Autum of this year very soon ...under company law you have to produce accounts every year but i am not sure about charity status i will find out.I am afraid if you want people to work there hearts you have to bring them into the loop....... ;)

Ah ,now you begin to understand all that is VTTS !!!

:D
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"