Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 27385 times)

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
Re: Help Needed
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »
Quote from: "Pujgnie"
What actually is she being polished with... there's nothing in the AutoGlym range that does aircraft  ;)

The wadding was reminiscent of an ancient tin of Duraglit that I had, with a quite high level of liquid Brasso impregnated into it.  However, we had what must have been a five litre tin full of the stuff (wadding, not liquid polish!).  It ran out a lttle early, so there are a few bits of grey that didn't get done.  Didn't help that I ended up half crippled and was next to useless yesterday!  After reading how stiff a Vulcan is supposed to be, it was quite interesting to feel how much the wings flex with us all up there buffing away, maybe I just need to go on a diet....
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline Pujgnie

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 11:18:52 PM »
Quote from: "speedy"

The wadding was reminiscent of an ancient tin of Duraglit that I had, with a quite high level of liquid Brasso impregnated into it.  However, we had what must have been a five litre tin full of the stuff (wadding, not liquid polish!).  It ran out a lttle early, so there are a few bits of grey that didn't get done.  

Thanks Nick  :)
Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way -  see how they shine...

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2011, 05:31:07 AM »
Quote from: "Sad Sam"
I will make sure they are good and clean next week!

By the way there is still a bit more work to be done so if any one feels like breaking the golden rule feel free to get in touch.

Do you mean in her new home "Get in Touch"  or her old home????

Once again Sam I am not in a position to help sorry :(  :(

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner