Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 17201 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PA28

  • Administrator
  • Serious User
  • *****
  • Posts: 839
    • View Profile
50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
Good news everyone!

The 50th Anniversary Books arrived from the printers today and are now available ex-stock.
Order here: http://www.vulcantotheskystore.co.uk/pr ... K_50thBOOK

We will now be working through the 500+ Advanced orders - wish us luck! All should be out by later next week.

IT'S FANTASTIC!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Rushy

  • Club Member
  • Serious User
  • *****
  • Posts: 921
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rushy.net/
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:01:35 AM »
FAB! :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
--

Whoda thunk it?

Offline isibob

  • Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
  • *
  • Posts: 735
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
Now it just so happens that due to a little bit of inside trading (I was packing some today - actually rather a lot) that I have a copy of this book and I have to say it is 130 pages of absolute delight, packed with photos, like XH558 at Goose Bay in the snow, even one of Mags's illustrations, loads of words (no I have not read them yet), more pics of Flight Crew, Engineering Crew (wait till you see the three wise Monkeys !!) - I tell you it's fab.

So if you haven't pre-ordered you may have to wait a few days before you get your order packed, there were 500 ish pre-orders, that has come down now but there are still an awful lot to do, in fact I see the listing now says "all pre- orders will now be posted within the next 10 days" demand is high but it really is worth the wait.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Zero One

  • Club Member
  • Expert User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
Having been involved with the production of this book, I can really recommend it to you as a great book [I actually have 3 proof copies on my computer since before christmas] and it is very gratifying to see so many of the photographs that I took, whilst I was on the project, have been used in the final edition..... grab one while you can and I really hope you will enjoy it for many years to come..
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline deeleyt

  • Club Member
  • Serious User
  • *****
  • Posts: 814
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »
There is a queue - I am in it - waiting ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Ah - I'll just have to read my vulcan parts manual again :D :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Smudger565

  • Club Member
  • Expert User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1154
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 09:12:26 AM »
Quote from: "isibob"

So if you haven't pre-ordered you may have to wait a few days before you get your order packed, there were 500 ish pre-orders, that has come down now but there are still an awful lot to do, in fact I see the listing now says "all pre- orders will now be posted within the next 10 days" demand is high but it really is worth the wait.

A small "Thank you"  :D  :D to all involved with this book from all people who contributed to articles and pictures & the people who are packing them (Bob) to send to the waiting people  :D  :D

I will have to wait another 5 weeks to get my hands on mine  :(  :(

PS
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »



You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline isibob

  • Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
  • *
  • Posts: 735
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Quote from: "Smudger565"
A small "Thank you"  :D  :D to all involved with this book from all people who contributed to articles and pictures & the people who are packing them (Bob) to send to the waiting people  :D  :D

I will have to wait another 5 weeks to get my hands on mine PS

Don't worry Paul the backlog should be cleared by then :!:  8-)  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline katie_t

  • Serious User
  • *****
  • Posts: 344
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »
Saw a copy of this book at the Black Buck talk yesterday.  It looks great!  :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline isibob

  • Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
  • *
  • Posts: 735
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 06:58:23 PM »
Quote from: " "
Now it just so happens that due to a little bit of inside trading (I was packing some today - actually rather a lot) that I have a copy of this book and I have to say it is 130 pages of absolute delight, packed with photos, like XH558 at Goose Bay in the snow, even one of Mags's illustrations, loads of words (no I have not read them yet), more pics of Flight Crew, Engineering Crew (wait till you see the three wise Monkeys !!) - I tell you it's fab.

So if you haven't pre-ordered you may have to wait a few days before you get your order packed, there were 500 ish pre-orders, that has come down now but there are still an awful lot to do, in fact I see the listing now says "all pre- orders will now be posted within the next 10 days" demand is high but it really is worth the wait.

Now that the books are starting to go out (it will take a little while to catch up, so please be patient  :roll: ) reaction should be interesting and that will no doubt generate comment and more sales me thinks  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline jangor

  • Expert User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1530
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
I told Mrs Jangor last week that the book is out............................ :D

her reply was :?:

yeah................................................................... :roll:

looks like I might not be getting one after all................. :x

ho hum, you lose some and then you lose some more..............
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Mags

  • Club Member
  • Expert User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1060
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
Got mine OK - thanks Bob :D
It's great!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Zero One

  • Club Member
  • Expert User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 12:06:31 AM »
Even better than I expected
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline gm8jip

  • Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
  • *
  • Posts: 343
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »
What a wonderful book! This is definitely a collector's item and it takes pride and place in my bookcase. Well done to everybody involved and you should all be proud of yourselves.  :D  :D  :D

Regards, Graeme.

P.S. Some good news is just around the corner for the Special Event Radio Station !
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
West Berkshire Regional Representative

Offline minty4371

  • Club Member
  • Serious User
  • *****
  • Posts: 824
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »
Mine arrived this morning :)  :)  :) .  Will look through it when I get a chance.  It was a birthday present to myself.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16521384@N07/sets/
XH558 Club Member from 1st April 2008 to 1st April 2016;
XM655 Club Member from February 2011 to February 2016;
Member of 82045 Steam Locomotive Trust
Real Name is Robert Bester

Offline StAthan lecky

  • Club Member
  • Expert User
  • *****
  • Posts: 1975
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Anniversary Book - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 09:21:10 PM »
Got mine

[center:1nj68de6]Stunning[/center:1nj68de6]

Mike :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"