Author Topic: Summer Season Plaque - launches today  (Read 18247 times)

Offline Board Admin

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Summer Season Plaque - launches today
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:54:39 PM »
The Summer Season Plaque 2011 will be officially launched in this afternoon's e-newsletter.
You can find full details and the relative form to complete here: http://www.vulcantothesky.org/how-to-he ... oster.html
This campaign will run right the way through till May 31st and the plaque fitted prior to the first major display with XH558 on the ground.

Why not consider being a sponsoring co-ordinator to collect 10 names between now and May 31st at your workplace, local pub, club or social group? A poster and full details are within the three documents listed on the right hand side of the above page. You gain an additional place name on the plaque and also a framed quality photograph.

For anyone wishing to be on the Winter Service Plaque for a minimum donation of £20, you have till Midnight on Monday to complete your order here: http://www.vulcantotheskystore.co.uk/ca ... que,i.html
The plaque will be fitted ahead of the first flight of 2011.

Your support will be much appreciated.

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline jangor

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Season Plaque - launches today
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:09:26 PM »
Will there be plaques for every season of every year................. ;)

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
Nope... just Summer 2011,  Winter 2012,  Diamond 2012 and that will be the doors about full I would think!!

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:56:51 PM »
Personally I think this is too many plaques. There should be one - with everyone who has helped 558 from the early years to the day her wheels touch down for the last time. That should include, as well as major monetary supporters, people who have supported 558 from an engineering perspective, from a press perspective, from a merchandising perspective.... you can't always define support in fiscal terms.

The more plaques we have, the less emphasis is on the names that are included, which dilutes the effect. Why donate a fortune to be included on the Winter plaque, only to feel excluded from the Summer plaque, when - if none of the Winter plaque people donated, there might not BE a Summer plaque?

I can't afford to donate the sort of sums that get your name on a plaque. However I do feel that my contribution to 558 has been significant - she can't always have my money but she can always have my time.

That said, I don't feel the need to have my contribution on a plaque. I'll always have the knowledge that I was part of something big that kept 558 in the air all these years and as long as I know that, I'm happy.

Before anyone starts, I'm not being negative etc etc.... just an opinion.
Jumbo Girl

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
Quote from: "PA28"
Nope... just Summer 2011,  Winter 2012,  Diamond 2012 and that will be the doors about full I would think!!

Will 558 need to be re weighed after all these plaques are fitted and will it alter the C of G,could the weight of the plaques be offset by sticking a couple  packs of Jaffa Cakes in the nose or the rear electronic bay ?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:06 AM »
I've already got a standing order set up (for more than £5.58 a month).  Why is there no option of making a one-off donation to get your name on it like the winter one?
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 09:06:30 AM »
Quote from: "speedy"
I've already got a standing order set up (for more than £5.58 a month).  Why is there no option of making a one-off donation to get your name on it like the winter one?

Good point Speedy (I was thinking the same) :D  :D

I donate a regular amount each month and also  a one off donation I sent for the Winter support which should put me on the Winter Plaque I thought, or did I not read it right. :roll:  :roll:  Probably the latter ;)

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »

I suppose we could start using the ground crew as walking Billboards,there should be plenty of room on their overalls after they have eaten all the Jaffa Cakles !

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
Guess what I'll be donating this evening? lol
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »
Quote from: "Skweeky"
Personally I think this is too many plaques. There should be one - with everyone who has helped 558 from the early years to the day her wheels touch down for the last time. That should include, as well as major monetary supporters, people who have supported 558 from an engineering perspective, from a press perspective, from a merchandising perspective.... you can't always define support in fiscal terms.

The more plaques we have, the less emphasis is on the names that are included, which dilutes the effect. Why donate a fortune to be included on the Winter plaque, only to feel excluded from the Summer plaque, when - if none of the Winter plaque people donated, there might not BE a Summer plaque?

I can't afford to donate the sort of sums that get your name on a plaque. However I do feel that my contribution to 558 has been significant - she can't always have my money but she can always have my time.

That said, I don't feel the need to have my contribution on a plaque. I'll always have the knowledge that I was part of something big that kept 558 in the air all these years and as long as I know that, I'm happy.

What she said!!! :D  :D  :D
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline jangor

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 06:19:29 PM »
Quote from: "vulcanlover"
Quote from: "Skweeky"

What she said!!! :D  :D  :D

Ditto.............. :)

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
So I take it that all the previous { and current } "Plaques" will be left in place , and therefore on display , on the bomb-doors , then ??
{ I was wondering , seeing as how the "Winter 2010" will only have been in displayed whilst '558 was in the hanger at Lyneham !! }
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline Topsy

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »
Personally I think the plaque(s) are well and truly 'stuck' on the doors and wont be removed anytime soon.  :)

Offline wood2dust

• Club Member
  • phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14:16 AM »
So am I correct to assume that long term monthly contributors are not listed on any plaques?
Bit of a shame. :cry:

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 11:02:28 AM »
I asked the question about this at our last meeting with Michael Trotter and Andrew Edmndson and ALL plaques will remain on the aircraft permanently. There is lots of room on those doors!

I know Ian is working on something for long term donators cos my names not on there either but my heart still goes with her every time she flies :D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum