Author Topic: Summer Season Plaque - launches today  (Read 19192 times)

Offline jangor

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Season Plaque - launches today
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 11:08:27 AM »
Will there be a `club members` one............... ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
The 6000 members are represented at present by the Club logo which was the first thing to go on there.
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline Topsy

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:47 AM »
And the big 3M sticker is a reminder to everyone how much it costs to run!   :lol:

Offline MT Vessel

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »
How do we know if our name is on the Plaque ? Has the clock on time message posted jumped forward to BST or was it not changed from last year.. its 7.05 PM but says 8.05 PM mmmm

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »
Go to your control panel, you need to manually update daylight saving/not daylught saving. :-)
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 04:17:21 PM »
I note the latest newsletter says that anyone who has previously failed to qualify for this plaque (ie has already coughed up blood) can now go on it for £70.  That'll have to wait until O get paid next month at the very least!!
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline gm8jip

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
We still have space on the port side and the top half of both the bomb-bay doors. Let's get as many names up there as possible!
This is a once in a lifetime chance and not to be missed. Just do it. I'll even come up to Doncaster to put them on !!
Regards, Graeme. :D
West Berkshire Regional Representative

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 07:46:03 PM »
....or just start a fresh standing order of £5.58 each month (or more) and get the paperwork to the office before 31st May. Far easier on anybody's cash-flow.

Every little bit helps!

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »
Quote from: "PA28"
....or just start a fresh standing order of £5.58 each month (or more) and get the paperwork to the office before 31st May. Far easier on anybody's cash-flow.

Every little bit helps!

I was considering that one, but I thought it would be considered being rude! ;-)  Still, now you've mentioned it.....

Offline cosford

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »
about a month ago I sent in a 3figure donation that I earned during the winter keeping gardens tidy and weed free for some of the senior citizens in my area, and I have no idea if I will be included on any board, and to be honest I don't really care I have the knowledge that I have helped to keep a flying icon airworthy for more people to see who never had the pleasure of knowing our Vforce in it's hay day, I also donated to the £50 fund raiser in the early days when all who donated to that fund would have there name on a plaque when she was finally grounded and put on display but I am lead to believe that is not happening, plus other minor donations, since I am not in the position to set up a standing order so I have to find other methods of raising cash which also involves giving my time, so I do what I can when I can and therefore I can't meet with funding deadlines.

Offline Gully

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
Quote from: "cosford"
about a month ago I sent in a 3figure donation that I earned during the winter keeping gardens tidy and weed free for some of the senior citizens in my area, and I have no idea if I will be included on any board, and to be honest I don't really care I have the knowledge that I have helped to keep a flying icon airworthy for more people to see who never had the pleasure of knowing our Vforce in it's hay day, I also donated to the £50 fund raiser in the early days when all who donated to that fund would have there name on a plaque when she was finally grounded and put on display but I am lead to believe that is not happening, plus other minor donations, since I am not in the position to set up a standing order so I have to find other methods of raising cash which also involves giving my time, so I do what I can when I can and therefore I can't meet with funding deadlines.

Is this (not whether you donated!) correct? Is this pledge not being honoured? Seems odd if that is the case, as the databases were maintained for other past fundraisers, eg. the initial bomb bay plaque.

Hopefully, PA28 or Zero One may be able to shed some light.

Thanks,

Gully
Vulcan To The Sky Club Secretary

Offline XL189

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:43 AM »
When the last plaque donation scheme started, i.e a £5.58 standing order, I upped my standing order from £10 to £15.58.
Can I see my name on the current plaque?

Unless I've missed it.......No!

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »
I can understand how long term supporters feel about this and my name isn't on the aircraft either. However the Trust have to explore and encourage financial support in as many ways as possible and this is an income stream which is hopefully generating interest from new contributors as well as regular supporters.

The Club Committee and the Trust are well aware of the support that has been ongoing from so many regulars and the aircraft would have been grounded a long time ago without that support. We are where we are today because of you people.

I just know in my heart, just like Aggy, that every time XH558 takes off, a lot of my time and effort and money has gone up there with her and is for the moment represented by the Club logo. I can't do any more than I already do but I know she's up there because of what I and many others, do and have done and will continue to do.

Keep up the good work people. :D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline minty4371

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »
My name is on the bomb doors after I donated during the Winter Servicing funding.  I cannot volunteer or attend meetings / events (other than 1 airshow per year), so that is my way of helping the aircraft.  May see my name on the aircraft at the beginning of July, but if not, then I know that I have seen it in a photo (all 8 are posted on Vulcan xh558's facebook page).  It is also nice to see Lynne Braithwaite's name on the aircraft as well.
Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16521384@N07/sets/
XH558 Club Member from 1st April 2008 to 1st April 2016;
XM655 Club Member from February 2011 to February 2016;
Member of 82045 Steam Locomotive Trust
Real Name is Robert Bester

Offline scampton61

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.underthefloor.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 10:59:04 AM »
Quote from: "XL189"
When the last plaque donation scheme started, i.e a £5.58 standing order, I upped my standing order from £10 to £15.58.
Can I see my name on the current plaque?

Unless I've missed it.......No!

If you amended an existing standing order rather than setting up a new one then most likely your data wouldn't have been captured for the plaque (my guess anyway). PM me your name if you want me to check the plaque artwork.