Author Topic: 2011 Forum Members T-Shirt  (Read 35280 times)

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Forum Members T-Shirt
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 04:59:28 PM »
I've heard back from him!!!

His answer is "Looks like an interesting project, and something a bit different...shame I missed the Ipswich show as that's just up the road from me...I could have gone and taken some pics."

I think it's time I got some vital contact details from those in the know and forwarded them on to him.

If we can sell cook books far and wide because of Bruce's recipe, then we can REALLY shift some T-Shirts, or anything else, with his artwork!!!

PLEASE!!! Can someone get back to me soon!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline jangor

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »
How about one of Mags` designs......................  :)

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 06:41:59 PM »
Quote from: "jangor"
How about one of Mags` designs......................  :)

I love Mags' Artwork, but if we were to pull off getting Mark Wilkinson on board then we could have products that would sell all over the world, purely because of Mark's art.

Thousands of people, like myself, have bought albums, posters, prints and other items for the artwork alone.

I even bought a Europe album in full view of my friends because Mark had done the cover!
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline Pujgnie

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »
Quote from: "vulcanlover"

I even bought a Europe album in full view of my friends because Mark had done the cover!

mmmmmmmmmm ............ Anyone got Storm Thorgerson or Gerald Scarfs' Email addy ? (Now THOSE would be interesting to see)  :D
Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way -  see how they shine...

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »

Hang your head in shame!!!

Take it these riends are now ex-friends?  :lol:
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 09:21:45 PM »
Quote from: "Gregg"

Hang your head in shame!!!

Take it these riends are now ex-friends?  :lol:

Shut yer face or I'll tell everyone about how you asked me to download and send you the complete works of Black Lace and how you cried when I told you they'd split up!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Actually, knowing what a fan I am of his artwork, they agreed it was worth paying £3 for the vinyl album in the HMV Sale!!!

I've even bought tour programmes for Kylie Minogue, Bon Jovi and Robbie Williams from ebay in a vain attempt to get every piece of artwork he's done!
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline HibsFan69

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »
@Clive & @Nickolas

Forum T-shirts are Blue.  These are then sold in black to the general population, so you can always have one in black but then you wouldn't be easily recognisable as a forum member ;)

The first 'forum' T in 2008 was lithographic to show XH558 in her glory, 2009 & 2010 have both been screen printed ;)

Designs are already being done but more are always welcome (Rob, Jane will be contacting you direct) and when the time comes you can vote (as you did in 2008 & 2010) for the design you like best :D

Fiona

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »
Quote from: "HibsFan69"
@Clive & @Nickolas

Designs are already being done but more are always welcome (Rob, Jane will be contacting you direct) and when the time comes you can vote (as you did in 2008 & 2010) for the design you like best :D

Fiona

As much as I like the idea of XH558 on the stamp I hope the designs that you mentioned Fiona have a picture of "Our Lady" with the Union Jack in the back ground and the "Spirit of Great Britain" across the bottom. It is on all our publicity pictures so why not a tee-shirt :D  :D

Just my thoughts & views folks :oops:  :oops:

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 01:39:46 PM »
As much as I like the idea of XH558 on the stamp I hope the designs that you mentioned Fiona have a picture of "Our Lady" with the Union Jack in the back ground and the "Spirit of Great Britain" across the bottom. It is on all our publicity pictures so why not a tee-shirt  

Just my thoughts & views folks

Gets my vote,may cost a bit more to produce but would look stunning.

8-)

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »
Simple solution.......have one design for the Club T-shirts & use the "Spirit of GB" design on the 'plebs' T-shirt !!  :lol:
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 03:22:34 PM »
Quote from: "StAthan lecky"
As much as I like the idea of XH558 on the stamp I hope the designs that you mentioned Fiona have a picture of "Our Lady" with the Union Jack in the back ground and the "Spirit of Great Britain" across the bottom. It is on all our publicity pictures so why not a tee-shirt  

Just my thoughts & views folks

Gets my vote,may cost a bit more to produce but would look stunning.

8-)

Mike

I only showed the stamps as examples of Mark's artwork, specifically in Aviation.

As well as the Aviation Stamps, he's done stamps for Guernsey featuring Shipping, Victor Hugo and the 12 Days of Christmas.

Mark first came to prominance designing record covers.

Here's some more examples, some that may be familiar to you...

"The Four Horsemen" from Judas Priest's Nostradamus album.

"The Wicker Man" by Iron Maiden.

"One Way Ticket" by The Darkness.

Bon Jovi Tour Art

And to prove he's not just a Rock/Metal artist...

Here's one for Phil...

And, of course, I couldn't show examples of Mark's work without featuring the band with which he made his name, Marillion.

Script For A Jester's Tear

Fugazi

Misplaced Childhood

With Mark on board we could literally have ANYTHING we want for ANYTHING we want.

Anyone who can come up with artwork that looks as stunning on something the size of a postage stamp right up to a good old-fashioned Gatefold Album Sleeve size and beyond would have no problem coming up with a design we could use on a whole range of goodies.

I personally thought of an artistic representation of our lady's momentous display at Cosby in 2009...her soaring out with a fireball behind her would make a great piece of art. But that's just one idea! Whatever is decided, I'm sure I won't be the only one snapping everything up!!!

One thing is for sure though, with his artwork we'll be sending them all over the world when they go on sale on ebay.

If you'd like to see any more of his work, the gallery on his website features most of the work he's done over the years...

http://www.the-masque.com
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline HibsFan69

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »
Quote from: "Smudger565"
@Clive & @Nickolas

Fiona

As much as I like the idea of XH558 on the stamp I hope the designs that you mentioned Fiona have a picture of "Our Lady" with the Union Jack in the back ground and the "Spirit of Great Britain" across the bottom. It is on all our publicity pictures so why not a tee-shirt :D  :D

Just my thoughts & views folks :oops:  :oops:

PS

Don't Forget that the Forum T-shirt is just that a limited pre-order edition T-shirt for forum members, which tries not to be too 'corporate', so no to the above as that is pure corporate and the Trust will be doing their own lines. :D

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
@Clive & @Nickolas

Forum T-shirts are Blue.  These are then sold in black to the general population, so you can always have one in black but then you wouldn't be easily recognisable as a forum member ;)

The first 'forum' T in 2008 was lithographic to show XH558 in her glory, 2009 & 2010 have both been screen printed ;)

Fiona

I in no way want to appear to be trying to interfere with what is your extremely popular line.

Last year we had three T-Shirt designs. I hope this year we have another three designs, I'm just hoping one of those is a Mark Wilkinson design!
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline jocelyn

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
Why exactly are forum members Tshirts blue ???  And I agree with Vulcanlover, brilliant designs, whatever they end up on would sell , and fast.

Offline Sarah Abbott

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »
@ jocelyn

It was colour chosen democratically by forum members for tour t-shirts when we first came up with idea as a break from corporate black and made forum members easily identifiable to each other at shows. After much discussion it was agreed as colour most people would wear. Waddington first display was our first forum meet and it was amazing to see a sea of blue shirts on flight line.  :)  I have pics somewhere.  The t-shirts actually came about as a forum special rather than club t-shirts.

I agree with comments on VC's suggested designs - I wonder if we could use them for an exclusive of somekind.............