Author Topic: Meeting for 2011 VV  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Meeting for 2011 VV
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:21:37 PM »
Hi Sarah/Ian

Will there be a meeting this year for all who want to help with the VV at the AGM or another venue.

I know both of you are very busy but I thought I would ask so I can plan where I can help/hinder you the most when I am home.

PS
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline Gully

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting for 2011 VV
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
The AGM's been and gone...  ;)  :lol:

As we (by 'we', I mean the Club Committee) understand it, Ian is seeking to predominently use experienced volunteers within the limited number of VV's planned this year. Any new volunteers he will effectively pre-qualify to ensure all parties understand their roles / responsibilities and the demands of volunteering.

Ian is publishing requests within the Volunteer / Events section of the forum as and when VV's are confirmed, requesting volunteers.

The Club is not planning a training event this year for our stands. Venues are pretty much as published in the last magazine for Tier 3 (Club) stands. We are also populating the Volunteer / Events section of the forum as we confirm venues.

Hope this goes some way to answering your question.

Gully
Vulcan To The Sky Club Secretary

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting for 2011 VV
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
Thank you for your answer Paul :D

Yes the AGM has come & gone & I have helped out on a few events before going away again.

From my point of view I feel & it has happened this year that there have been briefing before we open the VV & Club stand up to the public so we are all saying the same thing to the "Public". Especially for someone who has not been in the loop of reading the "Forum" or knowing what the "Trust" are saying and passing on the correct information as said above.

Just my experience in the past of helping/hindering ;)  :lol:  

Thank you again Paul :D  :D

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner