Author Topic: '558 inside and out at doncaster  (Read 43977 times)

Offline Lew

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: '558 inside and out at doncaster
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the comments regarding the images - and I personally wish to apologise for the upset caused to any members who this has effected. We are proud to have XH558 at the airport and I for one hope she stays here at DSA.

I have received various PM's on here which I will reply to shortly.

Lew
DSAF.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline eddief

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »
Quote from: "jangor"
I would prefer if the trust would divulge more information to us from time to time instead of playing secret squirrel...
But they are busting their bits to share information?  

I think this misunderstanding (based on some unfortunate historic events) is what is generating so much friction?  On the one hand we have Trust & Club folk that are being run ragged to keep the ship afloat (and are making great progress as a result) but on the other hand there are those who have grown historically mistrustful & can perceive any lack of immediate & complete detail to represent some kind of consipracy or indifference?  And of course, we are all keen to be kept updated of 558s status and the personal emotions involved in that can quickly turn from enthusiasm into disappointment & frustration the moment something runs less than perfectly (including the UK weather!)

Nobody is out to stitch up, exclude or alienate anybody or any group of supporters (the exact opposite in fact).  I would encourage everyone to consider any lack of absolute perfection or dropped ball against the wider background of greatly improved communications & overall commercial viability instead of being perceived as further 'evidence' of some elaborate cover-up or "don't care" attitude...

This whole situation just needs a deep breath and a bit of goodwill/faith/trust.
985 posts on last forum - so I get the \'hallowed 1000\' for just 15 on this one (yippee!)

Offline jangor

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »
Quote from: "DSAF"
Hi,

Thanks for the comments regarding the images - and I personally wish to apologise for the upset caused to any members who this has effected. We are proud to have XH558 at the airport and I for one hope she stays here at DSA.

I have received various PM's on here which I will reply to shortly.

Lew
DSAF.co.uk

Lew.

I would not really worry about it, it seems that you were one of those people who were in the right place at the right time working for the right people.......................... ;)

Me personally though......................I`m jealous............ :lol:

You may not remember me from spotters lane when 558 flew in,but If your at RHA tomorrow, come and hunt me out on the stall............. :D

Offline Lew

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »
I'm not sure ill be available tomorrow due to other commitments elsewhere but if I get chance Ill pop down again and possibly purchase a second fleece! :)  :mrgreen:

Lew

Offline Landyman

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.pettaugh-history.org.uk
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2011, 07:07:48 PM »
Oh dear!
Once again there is the resounding clatter of toys being thrown out of prams and all because someone seems to have got some goodies that others haven't.
When one moves into a new home and there are lots of things to be done where you will need the co-operation of the neighbours the first thing you do is invite them round and try to get them on-side. That, surely, was the point in getting the great and the good of RHA to see the aircraft and get them 'on board'.
With our constant need for funding we need all the PR we can get and sometimes it is the newcomers that need to be given a little treat in the hope that they can help smooth our way in the future.
I'm sure that once things get sorted at RHA there will be opportunities organised for members to get up close and personal with '558.
We just need to be patient and look forward to a much more secure future at her new home.

There is one other way of getting up close to aircraft and crew.
Become a volunteer. It won't all happen at once, it requires hard work and a fair bit of dedication and time but I have been privileged to get to places, do things and meet people that I could only dream about four years ago.

Just my four penorth.  :)

Landyman.
PS. Off on the long haul to the north tomorrow, so hope to see lots of you over next weekend at RHA.
I used to be retired then I found a Vulcan.
My travel blog - http://motorhomemoments.wordpress.com (Now with added Vulcan for even better value)

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »
For what it's worth i'm a volunteer and won't be stopping any time soon i've also been lucky enough to have been in 558's cockpit more times than i can recall, carried out funtionals on her, engine runs and fast taxi runs so i don't think i fall into the throwing toys out of the pram catogory, i did start to write a post explaining peoples issues in the hope that someone will actually "get it" but there's no point. I will make one observation though, the current record for this forum is 62 users at the same time, anyone know what it was around first flight etc?
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »
I believe it was 118 or thereabouts. odd question, I daren't ask 'why?'
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »
Wrong, it was way more than that.
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:40 PM »
Does it really matter?  Is it that important? Quite a few of us have done our bit and will continue to do so simply because we are bonkers!!!!
This mistress demands so much passion or do we generate this passion on her behalf?
"Ask not what this club can do for you but what you can do for this club"   ....and no I haven't had the luck to get in the cockpit but stood on the ladder in between, but one day i will!! I don't care i just want to see her in the air, up where she belongs. Isn't that point of what we do?
MALCOLM :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14:41 AM »
For Denis,

I think you need to look here: http://www.vulcantothesky.org/club/your-committee.html
That was posted up the very next day after I received the file, as indeed are most things I receive from any Committee member.

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »
Quote from: "PA28"
For Denis,

I think you need to look here: http://www.vulcantothesky.org/club/your-committee.html
That was posted up the very next day after I received the file, as indeed are most things I receive from any Committee member.

will answer this later
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:25:44 AM by Zero One »
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »
Possibly this can be resolved off-line?  It is not relevant to this thread, or this forum really ;)
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »
Quote from: "MrTim"
Possibly this can be resolved off-line?  It is not relevant to this thread, or this forum really ;)

Sorry Mr Tim but I do believe that this should be discussed openly but I take your point this particular "Open" area is not the place for it so where do you suggest we discuss it?
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »
Ian administers the website. He puts on anything we ask him to as soon as he possibly can.
This will sound draconian to some I'm sure but because there is now a bank holiday and the mods have a very busy weekend away this topic will now be locked.
The mods would appreciate it if any discussion on this topic be done by the Committee and the conclusion will be posted at a later date.
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum