Author Topic: Knock Out Kaine - Rise Of The Electric Jester  (Read 6340 times)

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Knock Out Kaine - Rise Of The Electric Jester
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:55:39 PM »
Just short of two years ago we got the exciting news that Knock Out Kaine were to film a video for "Set The Night On Fire" with our old lady. Out of interest I checked out their debut album "House Of Sins" and was blown away by it. Judging by the responses to my review, quite a lot of us bought the album and were as impressed with it as I was.

Following it's completion last year, we were able to enjoy the video and I'm sure I'm not the only one who reacquainted myself with the album. It truly is an excellent debut that you never get bored with and it certainly showed what the band are capable of.

On March 2, we'll be all able to add a second album to the collection as the band release "Rise Of The Electric Jester" on Rocksector Records.

Through my friendship with Dean, I have been honoured to be allowed access to hear the album in advance so that I can review it for everyone here.

I've had worse jobs! ;D ;D ;D

The only problem with releasing a monumental debut album is, how on earth do you follow it?

That is obviously something that hasn't phased Knock Out Kaine as what they deliver is the finest sound to come out of Lincolnshire since the Avro Sisters left Waddington last year.

"16 Grams Of Heart Attack" is a fine way to open the album. It's a slick piece of melodic metal that features a guest appearance from HellYeah! guitarist Christian Brady. The tight rhythm section of Drummer Danny Krash and Bassist Lee Byrne machine gun their way through the track as Jimmy and Christian trade Guitar licks behind the snappy vocals of Dean Foxx.

One of the endearing qualities of Knock Out Kaine is their ability to pay homage to their many influences without sounding like any one of them. There's no shortage of that on show here. "Fire And Smoke" has a bluesy swagger to it that's reminiscent of Aerosmith. "How Would I Know" with it's jaunty piano has an almost Beatles-like feel to the song. However they crucially put their own original stamp on them and at no point do the influences overshadow the fact that they are superb songwriters.

"Diamond Blue", "Ain't Your Kind", "Boxes" and "One More For The Road" are good solid rockers with stomping rhythms that will be live favourites for years to come. On the vocals to the chorus of "Cascading" Dean mimics the hourly chimes of Lincoln Cathedral. "Flying Blind" is a fantastic majestic anthem which, in a perfect world, would be a sure-fire hit single. "Because You Were There" which although is deeply personal with it's sentiments is an upbeat slice of arena-style rock.

"House Of Sins" showcased what the band are capable of, "Rise Of The Electric Jester" cements their reputation. Every track on this album is a fantastic example of a band that deserve to be recognised on a global basis. The musicianship is once again superb! Dean Foxx has a voice that is very easy on the ear. Guitarist Jimmy Bohemian sounds like he was born with a fretboard in his hand. Lee Byrne, like the greatest Bass Players, squeezes in some highly technical fills whilst still keeping a solid rhythm.  Danny Krash is a fine Drummer that effortlessly shifts between solid and true to rapid fire attack.

The production is smoother than a cold beer on a hot summer afternoon. This album will sound just as good as it does on the Hi-fi, in the car, through a good pair of Headphones or through an iPod on a Bus. Although if you're playing it in the car watch your speed! Also, at the end of track 10 there's a hidden track so don't say you weren't warned.

So there you have it! If you enjoyed their first album, you'll love this one. If you didn't then give it a go anyway and if you don't like it then pass it on to someone who does.

The band are about to embark on a tour to promote the release and with tickets for the launch party selling out quickly, it seems that they're finally getting recognition for all their hard work. If they're playing near you then go and support them and see these gems being played live. If there's any justice in the world, they won't be playing the small intimate venues for much longer.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:58:18 PM by vulcanlover »
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Knock Out Kaine - Rise Of The Electric Jester
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »
There is a limited edition Fan Pack available to those who pre=order the album through the record label :-

http://rocksectorrecords.bigcartel.com/product/knock-out-kaine-pre-order-cd-fanpack-rise-of-the-electric-jester

It's cheaper than Amazon and you get three postcards, an A4 poster and a guitar pick.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:45:25 PM by vulcanlover »
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »
Just one week to go until it's released.

It's the last chance for the pre-order fan pack.
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
Cheers for the reminder, have just pre-ordered a copy.

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:35:42 PM »

Nice one!!!

You're going to love it!

I'm really looking forward to getting the CD.
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »

Did you get something nice in the post on Saturday??? ;D ;D ;D

For everyone else...

It's officially released today, I believe the fanpack is still available but is selling out fast.
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 01:12:02 PM »
Did you get something nice in the post on Saturday??? ;D ;D ;D

Cetainly did Rob, thanks for the heads up on this one, enjoying the album very much!