Author Topic: Jewellery  (Read 7865 times)

Offline adh123

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Jewellery
« on: July 02, 2011, 12:15:06 PM »
considering how many women follow XH558 there is very little jewellery on offer - I myself would love a pair of gold earrings for pierced ears!  there are too many cufflinks on offer but only a pendant that would be suitable for women -  :roll:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline DAVE T

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Jewellery
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
My wife is of the same opinion,  we are joint family members and she does have an interest in the vulcan as I spent 9yrs. flying them.

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
Quote from: "adh123"
considering how many women follow XH558 there is very little jewellery on offer - I myself would love a pair of gold earrings for pierced ears!  there are too many cufflinks on offer but only a pendant that would be suitable for women -  :roll:

I am sure there was jewellery on sale at the web store last year, there was a Gold Vulcan Pendant & I think there was studs!!! could be wrong though :oops:

I am sure when the lads & lasses return from Waddington to the office they will answer this ;)

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
There used to be gold earrings that were basically the same the same as the silver pendant.  My missus has both.  They were acquired a couple of years ago now, so I suspect supplies may have run out if they aren't in the shop.
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »
Some years ago I suggested a pin badge made of silver/rhinestones - a bit of bling.

I have two, one of an airliner and another of a 2 engine a/c I inherited from DT mum - no idea where they came from and never seen any for sale, but every time I wear them I get so many comments on how nice they are.

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:22:50 AM »
Its one of the things I am very aware of because I too would like some nice Vulcan jewellery, especially stud earrings.

Sourcing and buying in any quantity is pricey though but hopefully with such a special year ahead next year we will be able to do something nice.

Especially important given the huge number of lady vulcan people out there, isnt it :D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline northern monkey

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
gold and silver prices at the moment are sky high, so only costume jewellery made of non precious metal would be affordable. I make jewellery for a living and cast an 18ct vulcan pendant for my mum, if you walked into my shop and requested such an item i would charge you £575.00 for the pleasure :o even in 9ct it would set you back £295.00. i know im talking about one off items but even small items in gold would be of a silly price  :( il
born in lincoln ..honory yorkshireman

Offline HibsFan69

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
Quote from: "northern monkey"
gold and silver prices at the moment are sky high, so only costume jewellery made of non precious metal would be affordable. I make jewellery for a living and cast an 18ct vulcan pendant for my mum, if you walked into my shop and requested such an item i would charge you £575.00 for the pleasure :o even in 9ct it would set you back £295.00. i know im talking about one off items but even small items in gold would be of a silly price  :( il

You kept that one quiet, we know who you are now :lol:

Just you wait until Jane reads this :lol:

Offline northern monkey

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
oh dear me and my big mouth !!! did you not see my pat butcher vulcan earings a was wearing at waddington hibs ;)
born in lincoln ..honory yorkshireman

Offline adh123

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
I wouldnt mind some Pat bucher vulcan earrings (for pierced ears )!  would be quite happy with gold plated (I dont wear silver) - prefer not to have studs - I JUST WANT SOME EARRINGS!"  am not asking for the world!