Author Topic: WADDINGTON WEEKEND 2011  (Read 7573 times)

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
WADDINGTON WEEKEND 2011
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »
I would just like to thank all volunteers including Club Members, family and friends of Club Members and Aircrew wives who help out at a particularly busy Vulcan Village on Saturday and Sunday 2nd & 3rd July at Waddington.

I would especially thank those who helped fill the van on Sunday after the show closed, we were still doing tours at 6.00pm so the Village was still open but once closed all stock was checked, boxed and then loaded. The van has never been that full and how it all went in was a surprise to some especially as we had collected some 45 additional large boxes containing some 1575 item of clothing from the new range on top of the normal stock level !!

So to all who manned the Village, to the Club for emergency additional supplies, the our suppliers who worked flatout for the week before the show to have the new clothing available and especially to all those who came to visit, chat and buy ...... a heart felt thank you

Don't forget that Village will be at Yeovilton then Fairford where we hope to add still more to the clothing range
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: WADDINGTON WEEKEND 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »
Well Done Bob/Isa (I know she was there with you ;) )

To everyone who worked so hard, I could imagine how hard you all worked (Been there done it got the Tee shirt :D  :D ) Also the aircrew wives that keep you going with Tea & drinks :D

Also to the club stand who I bet were as busy as well, not sure where you was at Waddington , well done and all having a breather until next weekend I bet ;)  ;)

Well done your efforts are really rewarding I can tell you, just wish some others saw how hard you work :D  :D

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:03 AM »
The Club stand was up by hangar 3......not hangar 2. ;)
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:17:39 PM »
Quote from: "Gregg"
The Club stand was up by hangar 3......not hangar 2. ;)

And wot a grate job you dun,even I was persuaded to part with money ,actualy your insults finaly convinced me to pay up and beat a hasty retreat !

:lol:

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline djrose007

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
  • Me and my CTX1300
    • View Profile
    • RAF Luqa Remembered
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »
What a friendly team manning the Village on the Sunday when I attended, very helpful and knowledgeable on the products on offer.
Thanks for making the day a bit more special.
David Rose (member number 17334)
David J Rose Mem. No. 17334
http://raf-luqa.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://raf-masirah.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stonehouse-dtc.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (dog obedience training)

Offline busyizzy

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:06:52 PM »
Thanks for your kind words David.  
We had a great time meeting everyone who came to the Vulcan Village and selling lots of merchandise!
Isi

Offline eagle770

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »
I came away with a framed piece of aircraft, a couple of hats, a couple of calendars, other miscellaneous bits and pieces and a very light wallet. All credit to those who worked hard in the village  :D   :D   :D
Consulting : If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made prolonging the problem!

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »
I'm sure you didn't intend to overlook thanking the Club Stand volunteers in your post, Bob. As you said yourself elsewhere, it's not a competition and every volunteer is important, whether they're doing the glorious jobs or the more mundane.........
Jumbo Girl

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
Aggy I meant no offence to those stalwarts on the Club Stand (be they near Hanger 2 or 3 - refer Greggs post above) I assumed (wrongly apparently) that there would be a separate thanks post from Club re the Club Stand as has happened from previous events. So the remedy the position....................

I would just like to thank all volunteers including Club Members, family and friends of Club Members and Aircrew wives who help out at the Vulcan Village along with Club Members, family and friends of Club Members who help out on the Club Stand on Saturday and Sunday 2nd & 3rd July at Waddington. Without your support in manning these operations we would not be in a position to support the aircraft we all hold dear.