Author Topic: Yeovilton  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Pujgnie

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Yeovilton
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:14 AM »
Popped into VV and was glad to see fellow members of Team Bournemouth doing thier bit. (I was on parental duties that day)

Thanks to Emily, Mark, Nick, Hannah, Bryan and Maggie for giving up thier weekend to assist. I hope Maggie got her huge hug from Sam  :)

Bournemouth Air Festival - in August should bring in a few more quids ............ names of TB Volunteers are being drawn up for future plans @ Air Festival.

Anyone else wanting to assist at VV during the Air Festival ( 18-21 Aug inclusive) can post here or PM me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way -  see how they shine...

Offline Sarah Abbott

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovilton
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »
Can I just hijack this thread Phill to say a massive thank you to all the volunteers who worked so hard on the village at the weekend both at setup and on the Saturday.  It was a very succesful day and that is all thanks to your help.

Thank you also to the aircrew for their signing time, ground crew for the tours and the trust staff who worked hard to help out when extra hands were needed.

A big thank you to all who visited the village over the day, spent your pennies but also found time to say hello.  It was great to see so many familar faces and meet new ones.

And a special hug and thank you to my 2 children who after last minute babysitting hicupp were so good during the 2 days. It was lovely to have a 'vulcan' family helping watch out for them and keeping them fed and watered. I will let you know how David's homework goes after help from Andrew Edmondson (thank you Andrew).

A very enjoyable and productive weekend! :-))

Good luck to all those working flat out this week for the big one - RIAT.

Sarah  :D

ps: phill, I got 2 lovely hugs off Sam...........

Offline Pujgnie

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
Judging by the amount of inflatable Vulcans and baseball caps I saw on Saturday - I would guess that VV had another profitable day  :D
Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way -  see how they shine...

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »
A face appeared pressed through one of the rows fasteners of the VV probably half/three quarters of an hour after the final display enquiring about an inflatable vulcan.  After much searching by several people, it transpired the entire stock brought to the show had been sold!
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.