Author Topic: Dunsfold 2011 - Vulcan Village  (Read 133158 times)

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Dunsfold 2011 - Vulcan Village
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:54:13 PM »
As you may be aware The Vulcan Vuillage at Dunsfold this year is the larger version approx 10m x 15m with extensions there will also be a 3m x 3m gazebo for use by Event Volunteers at the entrance to the Enclosure (note this is not big enough for Club Members to use if the weather is inclement added to which it has no sides :( )

The full range of 2011 Clothing should be available (assuming they didn't sell it all at Bournemouth) together with the usual variety of mechandise - we should also have the new Trolley coins, recycle pens in their smart yellow and black livery, and a large quantity of luggage labels.

So come and see us and remember we are not there to stand around doing nothing we are there to sell so don't forget your wallets and purses  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:35:26 PM by isibob »

Offline Hedge

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Dunsfold 2011 - Vulcan Village
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
I should have my purse with me. ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
Unfortunately, my plans to be there on Monday have been scuppered by a meeting that's been scheduled in Lancaster on Tuesday morning, so possibly that's the last of the airshows for me this year.  Hope it's as good as last year's show.
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline shackers

• Volunteer Group
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »
Quote from: "isibob"
As you may be aware The Vulcan Vuillage at Dunsfold this year is the larger version approx 10m x 15m with extensions there will also be a 3m x 3m gazebo for use by Event Volunteers at the entrance to the Enclosure (note this is not big enough for Club Members to use if the weather is inclement added to which it has no sides :( )

The full range of 2011 Clothing should be available (assuming they didn't sell it all at Bournemouth) together with the usual variety of mechandise - we shouls also have the new Trolley coins, recycle pens in their smart yellow and black livery, and a large quantity of luggage labels.

So come and see us and remember we are not there to stand around doing nothing we are there to sell so don't forget your wallets and purses  :lol:

Does that mean it only has a Back and a Front :twisted:
What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they would never believe you?

Offline jocelyn

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 04:53:04 PM »
Nah...... Cant afford that kind of luxury :lol:
Just hope you ll be selling brollies, then :twisted:  :lol:

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 05:09:26 PM »
Quote from: "shackers"
Does that mean it only has a Back and a Front :twisted:
Depends which way round it is and yes I know it's not circular  :roll:

jocelyn wrote
Nah...... Cant afford that kind of luxury :lol:
Just hope you ll be selling brollies, then :twisted: :lol:

Nope because we haven't planned for need :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:27:09 PM by isibob »

Offline jocelyn

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »
:o  :o  :lol:
ponchos ? Model tin triangles ?large brimmed hats ?
No ?? :(
looks like I ll have to bring my Citroen umbrella then.
That will please Eddie  :D

Offline 10680

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 02:45:25 PM »
Not quite the Vulcan Village but I thought that I would copy this from the Dunsfold website.

"Wings & Wheels Update
Monday, 22 August 2011

Following the tragic death of Flt Lt Jon Egging, the Red Arrows have been temporarily grounded, pending an investigation into the incident, until their safety can be assured.

Wings & Wheels will go ahead as planned on 28th and 29th August. Our Wings line-up will be updated daily in the run-up to the Show and can be viewed on our website www.wingsandwheels.net.

We offer our deepest condolences to the Red Arrows and the family and friends of Flt Lt Jon Egging at this sad time.

Wings & Wheels will be holding a 1 minute silence at the start of the air displays on Sunday 28th and Monday 29th August in tribute to Flt Lt Jon Egging. Two Books of Condolence for people to express their sympathy and record memories will also be available. The Books will be available for signing at the Show throughout the weekend until 6pm on Monday 29th August, after which they will be passed to Flt Lt Egging's family.

We are also aware of a campaign by the public to wear an item of red at the Show as a mark of respect and support for the Red Arrows, which we fully support."

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 03:01:43 PM »
Thanks for that, will tell the kids to dig out some red tops.

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »
Quote from: "isibob"

The full range of 2011 Clothing should be available (assuming they didn't sell it all at Bournemouth) together with the usual variety of mechandise - we should also have the new Trolley coins, recycle pens in their smart yellow and black livery, and a large quantity of luggage labels.

Thank you for invite :lol:  wallet is full but once again I will miss your splended entertainment Bob :D  :D I will have to wait until it goes into the shop at the end of the season :(  :(

I still think money is being lost not having the latest items which are on sale at air shows in the VV & Club stand on sale in the shop for those people (Yes like me) who cannot get to the shows because of either work comitments or too far etc :?  :?  ( My view only folks)

There must be many people who would also like to start Christmas shopping :roll:  :roll:  did I write that ;)  ;)

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Quote from: "Smudger565"
Thank you for invite :lol:  wallet is full but once again I will miss your splended entertainment Bob :D  :D I will have to wait until it goes into the shop at the end of the season :(  :(

I still think money is being lost not having the latest items which are on sale at air shows in the VV & Club stand on sale in the shop for those people (Yes like me) who cannot get to the shows because of either work comitments or too far etc :?  :?  ( My view only folks)

There must be many people who would also like to start Christmas shopping :roll:  :roll:  did I write that ;)  ;)

PS

Paul,
New items are added as appropriate. For example new items on line now are Trolley Coins, Bumble Bees, Spirit of Great Britain Black Mugs, A5 Note Pads, Luggage Tags and Lip Balm. Shortly the new Black/Yellow recycle biros will be on together with the 2011 clothing,

What you have to appreciate is that the Web Store and Merchandise Operations operates 5 days a week then add to that prep work for loading the van for events. loading the Disco for small events, add planning the shop requirements for Doncaster and  checking incoming stock and monitoring stock levels all achieved with one full time member of staff and then the rest of us (three to be precise) are volunteers either one or two days a week. We want to maximise returns so that more funds go to XH558 thus we keep the outgoings to a minimum. Yes there might be more sales following your line of reasoning but the staffing costs would rise. You need to see what happens when we publicise new items, the record to date is 175 orders despatched on a single day after a Bank Holiday week-end. That was a case of sore fingers :o  

Following Dunsfold this weekend there are no major events before the Christmas rush which will no doubt start in the middle of September  :!: !! so watch out for new items and especially the clothing. Furthermore we will endeavour to maintain our despatch record of three days from order provided the item is it stock.

We do appreciate comments this is simply an explanation to show that we are listening
Bob

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
I know you are always listening Bob & Ian

I think you can just put it down to my frustration  :evil:  :evil: of me not making it to the shows so I can buy this years new items ;)  ;)

Thank you for the information, I just wish I lived closer so I could help!!!!! :roll:  :roll:  Or hinder as the case might be :lol:

Have a good weekend at Dunsfold all the helpers at the VV

PS

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 11:53:59 AM »
HI.  Just to say thank you to the team at Dunsfold,it was a good weekend made special by Brians sence of fun all the time. it realy helps the long days go quickly, we were all disapointed about 558 as was everyone, but she is safe and the crew did a grand job  thanks lads.
all the best to all see you next year..  CLIFF.

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 11:50:22 PM »
I'd also like to thank the VV team, mostly for putting up with my 3 older oiks who were in and out of it all weekend. If Brian reads the forum then I'd like to say that his kind gift of a Vulcan badge for 6 yr old Becky did make it home safely (the one she purchased on the Sunday lasted 30 mins before being lost!) and I hope the duffnuts that she managed to blag at the end of the Monday by claiming they lived on the streets went down well!

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:58:32 AM »
They did they most certainly did - thank you