Author Topic: 2012 Winter Service Components  (Read 8714 times)

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
2012 Winter Service Components
« on: September 10, 2011, 07:20:24 AM »
I thought I would ask this question it says in the Vulcan News "Component Life Register (CLR) aimed at raising the finance for the 2012 Winter service starting in November 2011"

Is the scheme starting in November? or is it the Winter Service starting November? Or is it me just not reading it right :oops:  :oops:

Once the components have enough money will they removed from the shop? This will be a good indication of how things are progressing (Just my idea :D  :D )

PS
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline Landyman

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.pettaugh-history.org.uk
Re: 2012 Winter Service Components
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:30:50 AM »
From the news letter it looks as if they hope to start the service in November.
Looks like it might be a struggle though.  :(

Landyman.
I used to be retired then I found a Vulcan.
My travel blog - http://motorhomemoments.wordpress.com (Now with added Vulcan for even better value)

Offline jocelyn

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:09:12 AM »
It ll be hard work to raise that much but we ll just have to work our socks off and do it....... As we usually do ! It s all part and parcel of keeping 558 going, and fortunately most of us enjoy a challenge :D

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:29 AM »
Quote from: "Smudger565"
Is the scheme starting in November? or is it the Winter Service starting November?
If you look on the Webshop , you'll find that the various "CLR Packages" are for sale now ...... so I'd assume that it's starting to raise the finances now before the Winter Service starts in November.
I'd assume that once the required number of Packages for each component are sold , they will then stop offering that particular Package { same as they did with the previous ones }

As an aside....a good idea { following on from the previous Fuel / Insurance / Education Packages they offered } -- and it might just stop the detractors on various Fora from coming out with their usual moan about "all the donations going towards paying Dr Pleming's wages"    :roll:
On second thoughts.......they'll still find { or invent } something about the CLR Scheme to moan about !!

Oh.....and in case people have forgotten about them , the Individual Sponsorship Packs { Education , Insurance & Merchandise } are still being offered on the Webshop.
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
Various cut and pastes from the newsletter. If it's read in it's entirety, it clearly is a request for funding!
I've highlighted a few key phrases:

"The loss of ten scheduled displays over the past three weekends due to two separate technical problems and then bad weather has put an immediate and enormous strain on the Trust's cash flow, leaving it with a £100,000 hole that no-one expected.

The effect of this loss of display appearance fees and display-related revenue is to remove the two-month breathing space we had planned for the build-up of several new initiatives for 2012, and to jeopardise the November start of XH558's winter service.

We are therefore immediately bringing forward our plans for the Winter and announcing right now how you can become directly involved in supporting XH558 through some new initiatives!

We need to ask you, our core supporters, to help us recover from the lost weekends, and to rally round and support your aircraft in this our 'urgent time of need'.

This is your chance of being an integral part of the continuing success that is Vulcan XH558 - please read on to see how you can become involved!

We would like to offer you the opportunity to support our 2012 Winter Service by deciding what parts of XH558 due for overhaul or replacement you would like to fund, by selecting from a choice of seven different systems and then donating your selected share of the total cost."

As I look now, we have received over £2,000 in CLR's already. If everyone could just do their own little bit, it will make a big difference.... but it needs to be now, or the messages will no doubt get more severe.

Regards,
Ian

Offline Intake

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:56:24 AM »
Well I've been on and donated towards the ejection seats. will there be any form of running total donated for each area IE ejection seats braking system etc etc?
You are not learning much when your lips are moving.

Offline jangor

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 11:28:45 AM »
Does the quoted figure of £320k include the £100k shortfall from the cancelled displays................. :?:

Offline eagle770

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
I have been on and made two donations for the Ejection Seats from Pam and me, after all I used to sit in them  :D  :D  :D
Consulting : If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made prolonging the problem!

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 12:30:47 PM »
Yes, the quoted shortfall includes the recent losses, so if you look at the following it gives you an idea:

Brake Parachutes: £50,000 /1000 shares = £50 each
Braking Systems: £10,000 /500 shares = £20 each
Ejection Seats:  £15,000 /500 shares = £30 each
Fire Susppression: £ 50,000 /2000 shares = £25 each
NDT Inspections: £20,000 /1000 shares = £20 each
Oxygen Systems: £20,000 /1000 shares = £20 each
Pneumatic Cylinders: £15,000 /1000 shares = £15 each

That totals up £180,000 for component parts, with I'd guess the balancing £40,000 on contractors labour from MA which is far less this time round with our lads having more 'sign-offs' available. Add in the £100,000 and you arrive back to the £320,000 figure needed.

..and yes, newsletters will give progress on funding...

Offline Intake

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
Thanks for the details.
You are not learning much when your lips are moving.

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »
I thought I would put this under the thread because once again emails not being answered. :(

I have tried as I did last year to purchase items for for the winter service and once again my cards have been declined by the website, I tried it last year and after Ian H suggested I talked to my bank :roll:  :roll:  I did just that and all my cards are working fine except the Vulcan website one so.... ( I do not have a paypal account as explained before)

I did the Winter Service before leaving the UK last year and still witing for an answer why my name was not included, in both Winter & Summer :roll:  :roll:

There is nothing so frustrating when you are trying to support the Vulcan & you can not purchase "Winter Items" I have tried from the UK as well still the cards are refused!!!!

It it is happening to me how many more are bnot getting through!!!! No I cannot phone from the ship to the office ;)  ;)  I suppose I will have to wait until I get home but that will be too close to X-mas!!!

PS

Retired Global Mariner

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
Quote from: "Smudger565"
( I do not have a paypal account as explained before)
Can't say I've tried it on "our" webshop , but I don't have a Paypal account either yet have still managed to purchase goods off other sites which use Paypal as their payment method.
Been a while since i've used it ....but if I remember correctly , when you are redirected to the Paypal site to make your payment , one of the options { think it's on the left-hand side of their payment page } gives you the option of making your payment without a Paypal account.
You can then proceed with making your payment by debit/credit card without having to set up a Paypal account.
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »
Clive - You are correct in that you can use a credit card through Paypal

Paul - One of the difficulties with Credit cards used from the Far East or Indian subcontinent is that the Payment Portals and UK owned Banks sometimes do an auto stop of internet transactions unless you have specifically cleared them beforehand, going the Paypal route is supposed to make this easier and less likely to happen however it is not guaranteed and is not something theat the Webstore/Trust can do anything about as it is run by Paypal not VTTS

Extract from the Webstore Quick Reference Guide
A) - We accept DEBIT and CREDIT Cards through our PAYPAL interface, or you can pay with a PAYPAL Account. You can also select to pay by cheque at the 'check-out'.
B) - You do not need to sign up with PAYPAL to purchase from this site.
C) -Make sure you have registered and are logged into your WEB STORE account. Look to the top right of our screen to LOG IN/REGISTER.
D) - f you are a Club Member, this site uses a different database to the Club and associated forum, so you need to register again, using the same details if you desire.

You can pay by cheque of course, as it says
Bob

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 11:54:29 PM »
Thank you Clive & Bob

Yes I agree with using cards from the Far East!!! But I have used the same cards on Amazon and I have had no problems

I have sent to you am email Bob re why I think it may be stopped, I will try again & must admit I did not log on to the store 1st.
Like Clive I have not try to purchase anything because of the reason of not getting through on various occasions.

Thank you again and see you soon

Paul

Retired Global Mariner