Author Topic: Bournemouth and Shoreham  (Read 6711 times)

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Bournemouth and Shoreham
« on: September 01, 2013, 01:46:17 PM »
It is with regret that we have to confirm that XH558 will not be at these shows today due to a fuel leak in one of the tanks.
She has so far this year not missed an event and it is extremely sad that she will not be at these shows, especially after all the work that Maggie and Team Bournemouth put in to get there there.

No-one is more upset than the engineers who have had to make the call on this today.

More news will be coming in the next few days I expect but for today there is no flight.

Jane and Malcolm
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline Sarah Abbott

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Bournemouth and Shoreham
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »
I also heard the Sea Vixen and Vampire had problems. The joys of  heritage aircraft!!

Offline Sylar

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:38:42 PM »
I understand the Sea Vixens no show was down to pilot availability, did a nice display on Saturday night.Certainly the Vampire looked to have gone tech as it broke from its display and never reappeared.

Cheers

Shane

Offline Gully

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »
I understand the Sea Vixens no show was down to pilot availability, did a nice display on Saturday night.Certainly the Vampire looked to have gone tech as it broke from its display and never reappeared.

Cheers

Shane

Indeed. The Sea Vixen pilot was called away by his day job in the military, leaving them without a pilot. The Vampire pilot radioed that he had a problem and returned to base.

Gully
Vulcan To The Sky Club Secretary