Author Topic: XH558's Friends Scheme  (Read 27304 times)

Offline Grumpyjohn

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: XH558's Friends Scheme
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
Has this scheme died a death? When it was announced on Sept 16th we were told that "Full details of the benefits available with each level will be given on a special Friends of XH558 Page to be published on our Web Site...

Have I missed this?

Oops, it's mentioned in the new email newsletter. Sorry!  :oops:  

John
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:41:48 PM by Grumpyjohn »

Offline isibob

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 08:39:30 PM »
Quote from: "Grumpyjohn"
Has this scheme died a death? When it was announced on Sept 16th we were told that "Full details of the benefits available with each level will be given on a special Friends of XH558 Page to be published on our Web Site...

Have I missed this?

GJ

From today's Newsbytes

UPDATE ON OUR FRIENDS SCHEME FOR 2012 AND BEYOND
   We continue to work on our rewards package that we will introduce in the Spring of 2012. We have delayed launch slightly due to the mammoth task of collating all the data to enable us to run it smoothly. In fact, we are already building the IT infrastructure over the coming months ahead of AND BEYOND the official launch. Part of this will be the ability to accept Direct Debits, which are increasingly requested from our loyal followers as being the simplest and most convenient way of giving regular financial support.

The Friends Scheme is intended to reward all those people who have not only supported us during the last 12 months or so, but all those who have supported us through many appeals since first flight back in 2007. Any donations you make over the coming months either as one-offs or as standing orders, will also be counted towards the various levels we will introduce, giving everyone advanced notice of special events designed especially for them, enabling access to the aircraft and her crew like never before.

It is intended that this Friends Scheme will then be the cornerstone of our funding drive throughout 2012, giving us the ideal way of capturing more followers as we settle into our permanent home at Robin Hood, making a visitor attraction to be really proud off, all while expanding our educational objectives.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline andyt

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »
I too was interested in this scheme having been a regular small contributor via standing order for some years.

We now have the situation where people who donate a one off £60.00 to the anniversary appeal get their name on a special plaque plus a signed photo and certificate.  Those friends who are donating even the £5.88 / mth suggested elsewhere by VTST which equates to REGULAR annual income of over £70 don't even get a mention.  Just a promise of a friends scheme that will start in 2012.  Well it's August already !!

Back on Sep 16, 2011  Ian Homer announced the scheme promising things such as our name on a special supporters plaque each year, discounts, priority notice of events, priority invites to quarterly gatherings.  Well I've not seen anything yet.  Bit like the promised full investigation into how the engines suffered FOD ~ that's all gone quiet, will we all ever hear of that or the friends scheme ?

I am seriously thinking about reducing my monthly donation by £10 and that would give me £120 / year to fund these "special offers".  Unlike most other charities VTST don't seem to value their regular contributors.

Andy

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
It's a good idea except its to late in her flying life for this, I very much doubt that her current home is a permanent one. There's going to be a lot of very unhappy people who've shelled out a lot of time and money in donations and volunteering who won't like this.

Cracking idea but again, to late in my opinion
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »
Quote from: "Gregg"
It's a good idea except its to late in her flying life for this, I very much doubt that her current home is a permanent one. There's going to be a lot of very unhappy people who've shelled out a lot of time and money in donations and volunteering who won't like this.

Cracking idea but again, to late in my opinion

[mean pedantry]
It's too late too  :twisted:  :D
[/mean pedantry]
Jumbo Girl

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »
Yup, you're right my mistake :D
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »
Yup, you're right my mistake :D

You're meant to throw all of your toys out of the pram, bang on about how much you hate me, drop in a subtle (not) reminder that you were at First Flight and I wasn't, and then write a "fine, I'm leaving" thread. Don't you know ANYTHING?  :D
Jumbo Girl

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »
Oh bugger! I forgot, thanks for reminding me :D

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
Anyway, I don't want to be a "friend of 558", I want to be in a special "people who are really annoying but are sometimes useful so we can't get rid of them" category  :D
Jumbo Girl

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »
Good innit, we can almost get away with anything :D

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »

Sounds awfully familliar ..... just like in 2009 when she was removed from Bruntingthorpe and 2011? when she was moved again from Wiltshire to Finningley... er sorry RHA
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline leslie

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
Theres to many schemes in my opinion, I just do the flying fund draw or what ever its called now.

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »
Andy has highlighted why we needed a vehicle to thank all those who have supported us over the years.

Work is still in progress and I'll be able to give a full reply on Thursday when I'm next back in the office.
A full and proper explanation is required for this.

By the way Andy, I dont come up with these schemes entirely by myself. I merely publish and promote them and are therefore seen as the 'public face' sometimes. There is a core 'Executive' team of The Trust, of which I'm a member, looking at various options and when I have the collective position taking all current factors into account, I can advise the latest. I'm also the one that still takes time to monitor this forum.

Best regards,
Ian

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:39 AM »
Good innit, we can almost get away with anything :D

Well not quite, my friend!! The mods are watching.............. :|
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
Quote from: "brains_mt"

Well not quite, my friend!! The mods are watching.............. :|

Lies! You were not watching! There wasn't a single moderator online, you were all either eating biscuits or snoozing on the sofa with your mouths wide open  :D  :D
Jumbo Girl