Author Topic: Press Conference 5th October  (Read 3852 times)

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Press Conference 5th October
« on: October 06, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
Malcolm and I had the pleasure of going to the Press conference at the RAF Club yesterday in the presence of Prince Michael of Kent. It was attended by people from all areas of XH558's survival and by members of assorted aviation and media publications.

Robert Pleming and Ken Smart gave an excellent presentation on the history of the aircraft and the Salute to Her Majesty. This has already resulted in one press release in the Mirror and will hopefully be a feature of many more.

Both Malcolm and I met Prince Michael and I gave him a Club badge and Malcolm gave him a Vulcan pin. He said he was impressed with the enthusiasm and dedication of the supporters in all they do to keep XH558 flying.

We were also able to tell the Trust and Prince Michael that the Club now has 6044 memberships, which, if you think half of those could be Family or joint memberships with at least 2 or 3 members each, would make our membership potentially around the 10,000!!!! Thank you to all of you who make this club the best and probably the biggest aviation supporters club in the world (imo anyway!! ;)  :D )

I hope to be able to get a couple of pictures later. The RAF Club in Piccadilly is a fabulous building with wall to wall aviation art and busts of famous aviators including Roy Chadwick and a fabulous painting of a victor and XM607 on the Black Buck raid. Wonderful place!

Next year will be a fantastic year with hopefully plenty to look forward to so keep doing what we in the Club do best and keep 558 up there in the skies where she belongs.

Thank you all for your support :D  :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline Paddy Langdown

• Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Press Conference 5th October
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:30:34 AM »
So pleased you were impressed with my Club! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
There is also a good article in The Daily Telegraph with a photo of our aircraft with the Arrows.

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 12:05:04 PM »
Jane,

It was great to see you and Malcolm there and I really think the gathering will be a great boost to launching 'A Salute to Her Majesty' to a far wider audience. Having said that, let's not lose sight of what it's intended to achieve. There will be no 2012 without valuable additional funds coming in over the next few weeks - lots and lots of small donations. I feel the newsletters have been ramping up that message over the last few weeks and it's clear we have to get the winter service costs and the £100,000 losses of late covered - or 2012 will not happen.

XH558 badly needs financial support and I would urge everyone reading this who might be interested in supporting 'Salute' to do so now. Let's not hear we are in a crisis mode!

The new easy to use Web Pages are here: http://www.vulcansalute.org/

Together, we can do it, but please act now. Tell your friends and family, put up a link in your email signatures, buy a CLR from the webstore, buy merchandise - every little bit will help.

Regards,
Ian

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »

Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum