Author Topic: Pennies for the Vulcan?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
Pennies for the Vulcan?
« on: October 17, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »
Not quite sure how successful this would be, but my missus came came back from work the other day and they'd got together with a charity to raise funds in quite a clever way.  For those who can't really afford, justify or want to give a larger donation, they can opt into a scheme where the company pays them the last whole pound of their monthly salary, and everything after the decimal place is donated.  Also, I was at Pets at Home yesterday and they were doing a similar thing for a local/national animal charity where you either told them to keep the change to the nearest pound and they'd donate it, or they charged you to the next pound (which would amount to the same thing).

I guess the wages thing would in effect required anyone interested to just donate it unless someone can find any companies willing to join in and do it their end, but what about trying to promote the 'nearest pound' idea in the web shop and at the facility at RHADS?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Pennies for the Vulcan?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »
Sounds like a fledgling idea here and may need a bit of work but possible.

I would also like to do a 'double a fiver' type thing. If everyone took a fiver and tried to make as much out of it as they can and there could be a prize for the most inventive idea and the most raised etc etc. (proof would be needed of how etc)

There must be lots of small ideas out there that we can grow so now we have a bit of down time (???) lets see if we can do something a bit different.

Perhaps the regions could help with this??? :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum