Author Topic: Wanted also  (Read 9057 times)

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Wanted also
« on: August 24, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »
If Leslie can do it so can I.... Mods if this offends feel free to delete... Denis

Right the Nimrod Team at Bruntingthorpe require a van as a support vehical, doesn't have to be road legal but must be a good runner.... MOT failure will be considered provided its not dangerous and it must be a donation in return I'm sure I can arrange a seat on a fast taxy run.... any offers?

PM me if you wish...

:D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline Joseph

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted also
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:21:48 PM »
Zero one,

Just a thought have you tried the local DVLA office. Non taxed vans are being grab all the time and they go for crushing if the they are of low value and the vehicle excise duty is not paid within a set time. Another source might be the scrappage scheme as there is a delay on scrapping the vehicles that came in under the scheme.
Home every night! no more overnights in strange beds

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »
Vehicles "scrapped" under the scheme can't be sold on or given away, under the rules of the scheme they have to be scrapped, stupid innit!
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »
Quote from: "Gregg"
Vehicles "scrapped" under the scheme can't be sold on or given away, under the rules of the scheme they have to be scrapped, stupid innit!

I thought that too but was going to check with my wheeler dealer son.... rogue and family black sheep..

;)

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
I would, i did get that info from Top Gear so i wouldn't rely on it to much.  :lol:
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline Ian Mulford

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:24:46 PM »
I would, i did get that info from Top Gear so i wouldn't rely on it to much.  :lol:

I would, you're spot on :)

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »
Typical Government, take a good idea and balls it up. :roll:

Offline Fluffy Bunny

• Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gassairsoft.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »
Yep you're exactly right....and it means my other half's Uncle has a yard and driveway of perfectly serviceable vehicles (including some rather nice ones... not just crappy old bangers) that are all awaiting a squashy fate... :(

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 01:07:55 PM »
Typical Government, take a good idea and balls it up. :roll:

How is it ballsed up?

The idea of the scrappage scheme was to boost the motor industry, whilst removing older cars (i.e. those which are generally less economical and producing more CO2).

What would be the point if the scrapped cars could be re-sold? There would be even more cars on the road!
Jumbo Girl

Offline Peter030371

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 01:19:12 PM »
Quote from: "Skweeky"
What would be the point if the scrapped cars could be re-sold? There would be even more cars on the road!

Some of the cars being scrapped still have a good 5 or 6 years life in them...but no the government think it's better to build a new car along with all the environmental impact of doing that than keep an existing car going for longer. The total environmental impact of the scheme was not considered at all just the very short term impact.

It really is a poorly thought out plan that has screwed up the lower end of the 2nd hand car market  :x

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 01:55:29 PM »
The balls-up is that the the amount of CO2 produced by bulding a new car is more than the saving of squashing the old one!!
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline HowSlo

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
Yep, the longer I keep my 12 year old Mondeo, the more environmentally friendly it becomes!  It's quite upsetting really, to see the number of perfectly good cars that have been crushed, or are awaiting their fate.  Many of them newer than mine... :evil:

Offline Joseph

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »
Spanner and works.

The vehicle exchanged under scrappage can be disposed off in any way the dealer sees fit. Providing they are not sold for use on a public road. The V5c has to be returned or cancelled.

There have been instances of cars being sold for spares only on Ebay with a dirty great hole cut in the roof.  The vehicle must be rendered un roadworthy.  
There has been a vast number exported to various third world countries.

The scheme was badly thought out as the cars had to have a current MOT and the majority of cars scrapped under the scheme even had perfectly good catalitic convertors

So Zero One if you can persuade someone to donate a suitable vehicle with a hole cut in the roof take it and scrounge a sheet of steel and a mig welder and some suitable paint within a day you should have a suitable support vehicle that will never travel on public roads again.
Home every night! no more overnights in strange beds

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »
Quote from: "Piechap"
Spanner and works.

So Zero One if you can persuade someone to donate a suitable vehicle with a hole cut in the roof take it and scrounge a sheet of steel and a mig welder and some suitable paint within a day you should have a suitable support vehicle that will never travel on public roads again.

I would be quite happy with the above, as it will never leave the airfield.....

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 11:13:25 PM »
Quote from: "Zero One"

I would be quite happy with the above, as it will never leave the airfield.....

The Comet & Nimrod team now have a support vehical,  donated on long term loan by a local garage duely sign-written as such... thanx for all the suggestions which led us to it.... we await delivery...

:D  :D  :D