Author Topic: 2011 Photo competition NOW CLOSED  (Read 7997 times)

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
2011 Photo competition NOW CLOSED
« on: November 05, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »
I have now closed down the topics involved.

I would like to thank Andy for all his hard work in setting up and running this competition. It has raised a considerable sum towards XH558.

I would also like to say what an incredible range of photographs have been submitted and judging this year is going to be very difficult. Well done to everyone who has entered.

Now on with the judging! :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
Re: 2011 Photo competition NOW CLOSED
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
thanks Jane.

I've finished collating all the entries ready for the judges' scores and in total there have been 289 entries, thanks to everybody for your excellent contributions and good luck with your photos.

If my spreadsheet is correct, the total raised excluding gift aid is £534, if that is subject to gift aid it raises the total to £664, thank you all.

now the judges (and there's 18 of them to give a very wide cross section) have the hard task of picking their choices in the different sections, briefly each judge will pick their favourite 10 from each section not in order i.e. 1 vote each then I have the task of totalling up all the votes for all the entries (on a large excel spreadsheet) and the top 6 will go through to the forum polls . One section (vulcan village) only had 9 entries so the judges have been asked to pick 6 from them and again the votes will be totted up.

Look out for those shortlists next weekend and the polls for round 2.

round 3 will be a further poll from the 5 section winners to select our photo of the year

thanks again

Andy
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »
I've just open my e-mails and found one from somebody who was having problems trying to post early this morning well before the noon deadline. He has been having problems getting the pictures to load (TC 11195 was his token no) . I have asked him to send them to me as his e-mail was well before the deadline and I failed to respond , I will then load them for him as I didnt get back to him in time - i had a rather busy morning with having to take the wife to hospital (Jane closed the entry topics for me as I wasnt going to be around)
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline TBMike

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
Quote from: "sickbag_andy"
i had a rather busy morning with having to take the wife to hospital (Jane closed the entry topics for me as I wasnt going to be around)

I hope everything is ok Andy.

The first rule of tinkering with something, is to save all the parts!

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
yes, she is thanks had a few pains- just stress
confacimus volatemum

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
2011 Photo competition amount raised
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 11:19:31 PM »
I've finished collating all the entries ready for the judges' scores and in total there have been 292 entries (correected from earlier post elasewhere), thanks to everybody for your excellent contributions and good luck with your photos.

If my spreadsheet is correct (and I think it's right now), the total raised excluding gift aid is £543, if that is subject to gift aid it raises the total to £679, thank you to everybody who entered and good luck with your entries.

Look out for the forum poll for voting in round 2 next weekend once i ahve got the judges votes in and collated them

Andy
confacimus volatemum