Author Topic: Loughborough Help Needed Sunday URGENT  (Read 2694 times)

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Loughborough Help Needed Sunday URGENT
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »
We have been given permission to distribute 'Salute' leaflets at Loughborough on Sunday at the Queens Park Parade. It is from 10.30 onwards.

David Lee-Williams has got the leaflets but what is URGENTLY needed is manpower to help distribute them.

If you can help please contact DLW on 07760803922 or by pm or email dlwnottm@yahoo.co.uk

David has been in contact with the Mayor of Loughborough who, in a very nice letter, is happy to support us in this and wishes us well with the fundraising to keep 558 flying.

PLEASE PLEASE come and help David and 558 if you can.

This will not in any way be allowed to impact on the solemn nature of the day, and will be conducted away from the central events, as in to people leaving the event.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline dlw

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: Loughborough Help Needed Sunday URGENT
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:00:52 PM »
Thank you for your help yesterday. If it had happened in reality it would have made my life a little easier.
On site at around 10:20hrs with Brian in tow. The service was fantastic as always. We decamped to the John Storer exit from the park and while Brian was handing out "salute" leaflets I was talking to folks about our campaign. In the interests of practicality I made a decision to target only organisations such as ATC for leaflets.
Adjourned to Gallery for lunch and a meeting with a team of undergrads, (typhoon Sqn Lboro uni).
My grief these folks can eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alot of goodwill generated. We dispatched over 150 leaflets, they by the way ate there way thru over 10 gallons of curry  :(
More to follow soon. Trust happy and so am I.
See you all soon.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Don't forget your old Phones and Toners/inkjet carts etc.
We DO make money from them.
Regards.
Dlw.
[/color]