Author Topic: 12 Harriers at southampton  (Read 4397 times)

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
12 Harriers at southampton
« on: December 20, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »
noted this on fighter control:

On a railway enthusiasts forum, someone went looking for locos at Soton Maritime yard and reports 12 Harriers at Soton Docks near Gate 4 on Quay 44, so maybe not too hard to see. (Whereas loco 08624 was well hidden).

might be of interest to those ob the south coast if they are visible
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
Re: 12 Harriers at southampton
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »
There are several 08's at Soton, and numerous Class 66s, one or two 70s, and a few 57s.  Having just done a search for 08624 I'm surprised it was hard to find, as there is usually at least one Freightliner liveried 08 on show, plus a Hunslet liveried one and what I assume is a dead Railfreight liveried example as well.
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline jetman65

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
For a Minute I thought they might have been the Flying Variety - we can only Dream!

Offline Joseph

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
Jetman

This thread is aviation waffle and was flagged up from fighter control so I suspect the harriers are the flying variety waiting for shipping to the good ole US of A. It just so happen some rail entusiast have sort of hijacked this thread and want taking to Cottesmore.
Home every night! no more overnights in strange beds

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »
Sorry- when I copied and pasted I included the bit about the locos as well for interest and they sparked as much if not more interest than the Harriers.

What ever happened to our 'off topic police' at one time that would have cost somebody a fiver  :o
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Joseph

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »
Quote from: "sickbag_andy"
Sorry- when I copied and pasted I included the bit about the locos as well for interest and they sparked as much if not more interest than the Harriers.

What ever happened to our 'off topic police' at one time that would have cost somebody a fiver  :o

The off topic police are either on Christmas duties elsewhere or down at the Atomic Sunrise enjoying the lock in!

However the Chief constable is looking into the recruitment of some OTPFSO's so be warned.

I also understand that the fine has been increased 100% as some large flying tin triangle is still on benefit.
Home every night! no more overnights in strange beds

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:52:31 AM »
Quote from: "Joseph"
Quote from: "sickbag_andy"

The off topic police are either on Christmas duties elsewhere or down at the Atomic Sunrise enjoying the lock in!

However the Chief constable is looking into the recruitment of some OTPFSO's so be warned.

I also understand that the fine has been increased 100% as some large flying tin triangle is still on benefit.

great idea! I take it that OTPFSO stands for Off Topic Police Funding Support Officer

now back ON topic , did anybody see the Harriers or get a photo?
confacimus volatemum