Author Topic: Re: Leaving Bournemouth  (Read 11499 times)

Offline 10680

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving Bournemouth
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Pink Peril

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
Well here we are at 10 am on Sunday...the latest time I can possibly leave for Bournemouth and guarantee getting there, using petrol I can ill afford and with health that is not up to it.....yet....as expected...no info whatsoever   :evil:   :evil:   :evil:
NO Twitter, NO input from anyone who knows, NO info on crew or route for those on the ground hoping to see her. Every single person who is in the club or is a supporter is totally out of the loop regarding an aircraft that we support, who is the people's aircraft, and is just about to possibly..... (because we don't know), get airborne on one of her last displays unless funds come in.

To say I am pissed off at this TOTAL lack of information to the public is an understatement.   :x  
To support something that is shrouded in secrecy is impossible.....NO ONE LISTENS to what her supporters say or ask.   :evil:    :evil:    :evil:   :evil:   :evil:  
If it\'s pink and sparkly it\'s probably mine....

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »
Well there's some info on Twitter now.
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline Andy R

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:38:30 AM »
Twitter has been updated.

I doubt that any of the crew would of got any information on a deffinate departure time until they arrived on site this morning.
Given that the twitter feed has given a heads up of over 3 hours advance notice to when she is expected to depart.

To me that's a pretty good...

Offline Prometheus

• Do I really want a title?
  • Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
    • T. A. Ashcroft - Author
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 12:50:56 PM »
She's currently over Cowes (IOW) and working Farnborough Radar on 125.250.
Telling Farnborough that she will now hold 5 miles SE of Dunsfold .

Offline higgins

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 01:57:59 PM »
12.40 was posted on UKAR last night for take off :?:
If edited will be due to spelting or grammer!

Offline Andy R

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 01:59:03 PM »
Probably right , the weather is closing in a little here , infact just after she departed it started spitting with rain.

Offline higgins

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
Not my intention to imply fault. Just can't understand how third parties can have better information than club officials.

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »
Quote from: "Pink Peril"
Well here we are at 10 am on Sunday...the latest time I can possibly leave for Bournemouth and guarantee getting there, using petrol I can ill afford and with health that is not up to it.....yet....as expected...no info whatsoever   :evil:   :evil:   :evil:
NO Twitter, NO input from anyone who knows, NO info on crew or route for those on the ground hoping to see her. Every single person who is in the club or is a supporter is totally out of the loop regarding an aircraft that we support, who is the people's aircraft, and is just about to possibly..... (because we don't know), get airborne on one of her last displays unless funds come in.

To say I am pissed off at this TOTAL lack of information to the public is an understatement.   :x  
To support something that is shrouded in secrecy is impossible.....NO ONE LISTENS to what her supporters say or ask.   :evil:    :evil:    :evil:   :evil:   :evil:  

I don't own a mobile but can understand your frustration,if the Trust are trying to reach out to the public for support ,they owe it to these people and club members to keep the info up to date on the web site and Twitter.

:x

Mike
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:24:02 PM by StAthan lecky »
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Pink Peril

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
Exactly...whoever it is on UKAR who puts this totally accurate information on there again and again is obviously someone in the know and that is the person who should be giving the info to this website. Well luckily myself and a few other forumites saw her take off from Bournemouth which was wonderful. Also saw the Tiffie go and loads of Ryanairs.....
The twitter that is on there now about landing back at Brize is the most detailed one this season...and THAT is what her loyal but increasingly disillusioned supporters want. Thank you for the improvement.  :)
If it\'s pink and sparkly it\'s probably mine....

Offline johnri

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »
Just a thought.

Perhaps 558's planned route and timings need to be kept fairly quiet in case there are any "Less than responsible" light aircraft jockies trying to get some close up time alongside, and causing a dangerous situation.

JR
I don\'t want a second childhood. I\'m still enjoying the first one.

I\'m retired.
I was tired yesterday, and I\'m tired again today.

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »
Quote from: "johnri"
Just a thought.

Perhaps 558's planned route and timings need to be kept fairly quiet in case there are any "Less than responsible" light aircraft jockies trying to get some close up time alongside, and causing a dangerous situation.

JR

In the early days of test flights etc I could understand that policy , however if you use that now as an excuse for not publishing available info to the general public you could also  include a whoe raft of aircraft that GA pilots might wish to formate with for instance the BBMF,the Arrows,A380 ?  the list is endless,we do have a very good ATC in this country and i'm sure that they would easily disuade any "Cowboy" pilots from attempting such a stupid manouver unless it was pre-planned.

:)
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline higgins

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 04:53:34 PM »
Whoever the person on UKAR is, they seem to have connections at Bournemouth airport, so it will only apply to that location.

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
Quote from: "StAthan lecky"
Quote from: "johnri"
Just a thought.

JR

In the early days of test flights etc I could understand that policy , however if you use that now as an excuse for not publishing available info to the general public you could also  include a whoe raft of aircraft that GA pilots might wish to formate with for instance the BBMF,the Arrows,A380 ?  the list is endless,we do have a very good ATC in this country and i'm sure that they would easily disuade any "Cowboy" pilots from attempting such a stupid manouver unless it was pre-planned.

:)

It does happen unfortunately - happens to BBMF & happened to the Reds last week which is why they abandoned their display at Silverstone even tho' that was NoTAMed!!

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/teamnews/index.cfm?storyid=A9119FF0-5056-A318-A8054E383083343D

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
Not quite ....... as has happened on several occasions at different airshows / flypasts , the problem at Silverstone was caused by aircraft straying into restricted airspace , not by pilots attempting to fly unauthorised formations with them. ;)
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol