Author Topic: Re: Leaving Bournemouth  (Read 10279 times)

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving Bournemouth
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »
Quote from: "Pink Peril"
...whoever it is on UKAR who puts this totally accurate information on there again and again is obviously someone in the know and that is the person who should be giving the info to this website
Always assuming , of course , that they are a member of the Club !!
Also..... there are several people who were { and possibly still are } Club Members , or "ex-staff" who - for various reasons - no longer wish to contribute to this Forum.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558

Offline DamienB

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.handmadebymachine.com
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »
Pink - sorry, I tried multiple times on Friday to get departure info out of somebody - anybody - but everybody I tried was unavailable or didn't know. I had an airshow to help out at today so Ian was driving Twitter all day today.

Offline Pink Peril

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
Many thanks Damien and Ian for your efforts ...a dramatic improvement today  :D   :D   :D
If it\'s pink and sparkly it\'s probably mine....

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »
Not quite sure where the lack of info was on Sun and Mon.  VV was getting phone calls left right and centre from several sources, and Twitter was updated virtually as soon as there was something to update (ie crew in, engines running, etc).  In fact, Brian was updating the other end to let them know when she arrived at Dunsfold, and when she left, so that the feed could be kept spot on.  Very different from previous weekends, and as far as I can see the recent criticism of the 'system' (some probably a little deserved, a lot of it certainly very much not) has been noted.  Assuming we have a next year, this weekend just gone seemed to be the benchmark as to how to do it.

Well done to those involved.
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.