Author Topic: Peoples Mosquito  (Read 29400 times)

Offline JeremyC

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: Peoples Mosquito
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »
Parker Knoll too as I recall.  Nice sponsorship opportunities there.

Loads of candidate aircraft if the cash is there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_su ... _Mosquitos
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Topsy

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 09:32:19 PM »
Well UKARSE now seem to have upset a couple of the people involved in this project (sound familiar?) and they've been over to vent their feelings.  :lol:

All good fun.  :D

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
Topsy ;
I'm not the only one following this saga { and others } on that Forum , then !  :D

To be fair to many of the posters there { no , not the ones who refer to the TPM team as being a con , scam , crooks } , I have to agree that - whilst their website is full of rhetoric & jingoism - there is a dearth of what could be classed as essential information on their website --
1. Rather than just a list of names & job titles , a precis of each person's background { and unfortunately , this is still something that 'our' website falls down on }
2. More information about which airframe(s) they are trying to obtain.
3. What happens to any money donated if the project fails from the onset ?

I will say , though , that regardless of actual or perceived accusations , the posts made by "shortfinals" are doing the team no favours.
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »
Been following it closely, on FB mostly to be honest. Love it to happen, but will not part with hard earned cash (that is probably Vulcan bound anyway!!!) until I know more about the airframes and people involved....

Offline Gully

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »
According to Facebook they have an airframe - RL249, which was / is an NF36 variant. Little information on its condition, though.

Gully
Vulcan To The Sky Club Secretary

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »
Gully ;
As originally posted on Key Publishing's Forum a few years ago { and recently reposted on several other Fora }.......
"The Mosquito was RL249 which did a wheels up landing, placed on dump and stripped of useful parts then burnt and pushed in the hole together with general rubbish(1955), many exhaust pipes. No Merlins, they were removed, placed in crates and taken away. Wing spar and oleo legs were recovered."
Doesn't sound very healthy , does it !!  :lol:

Oh , and I see that following further exchanges of insults & general abuse , those involved with TPM initially said they would give an interview to UKAR Staff but have now backed out of this and have resorted to making infantile comments about UKAR { & other Fora who had expressed concerns about their 'organisation' } on their Facebook page --- not a very intelligent way to go about gaining support for your project , is it ??
{ Yes , some of those who post on UKAR can be total spanners , but most of the questions & concerns being voiced there are valid and needed to be addressed by TPM }

Offline Topsy

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
TPM seem to have all gone a bit Geoff Beck if you know what I mean.  :lol:

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »
Well, it's an 'official' announcement now. I know that any flying Mossie is better than none at all, but the NF36 is in my opinion one of the ugliest!

http://peoplesmosquito.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/press-release-mosquito-nf-36-restoration-confirmed/

This bit is interesting, suggests not a lot of the original is left, which when an aircraft made from wood goes up in flames is very likely.

The remains include the all-important identity, along with several other original items. The fuselage and wings for the restoration will be manufactured from new, while other parts will be sourced from other locations or re-manufactured.

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »
PhillyJ ;
Err......take it you missed my previous post , then , re. exactly how little remains of the original airframe ??  ;)  :lol:
No fuselage , no wings , no cockpit or instruments , no engines -- essentially , it's a 'data-plate restoration' in it's crudest form.
As mentioned on other Fora , be interesting to see their projected costs of what will effectively be a project to scratch-build the aircraft.
Also which { if any } groups/organisations with previous experience of building a Mosquito will be involved.

Still , they've now had a rethink on their "sulk" with the UKAR Forum & have agreed to give an interview , so hopefully some of the questions will be answered soon.

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
Did see your previous post Clive! Just it's now 'official'  :lol: Perhaps they'll stick a better looking nose on it as part of the rebuild!

Offline djrose007

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
  • Me and my CTX1300
    • View Profile
    • RAF Luqa Remembered
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
Quote from: "PhillyJ"
I know that any flying Mossie is better than none at all, but the NF36 is in my opinion one of the ugliest!
[/b]

Yes, I see what you mean! http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28816
David J Rose Mem. No. 17334
http://raf-luqa.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://raf-masirah.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stonehouse-dtc.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (dog obedience training)

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »
I see that TPM have now reneged on their promise to provide an interview with UKAR :
A message on the project's site confirms officially that they won't speak to UKAR, but will be speaking to another "publication". One hopes this other outlet hasn't had to prostrate itself before the people behind The People's Mosquito before they'd "grant" (their word) an interview.

They wanted, among other things, no questions about certain people's backgrounds and credentials, a public apology for some of the frank remarks posted by our membership, no questions about the outrageous comments made by TPM senior team members on both UKAR and the "offical" Facebook page, and the chance to see all the questions before recording the interview. Oh, and they got their knickers in a twist over our April Fool yesterday. UKAR, for our part, wanted nothing more than a full, unrestricted interview, with no subject off-limits. Not unreasonable. And not unusual.

Plus a bit of speculation by UKAR Staff :
No, we have no idea who is doing the interview. However it is a matter of public record that three members from one recently-established aviation "webzine" were named in the original TPM team, and suddenly vanished. It would be faintly risible if that publication ended up doing the interview, and would leave TPM wide open to accusations of whitewash and ducking a "hard" interview.

Offline Topsy

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
UKAR throwing their toys out of the pram again.  :lol:  Maybe GAR can get an interview, as they seem to be one of the best anyway.

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »
Quote from: "wcg"
I see that TPM have now reneged on their promise to provide an interview with UKAR :
It would be faintly risible...

Thanks for the update, sorry but having just watched Life Of Brian again I had to have a chuckle at the use of the word 'wisible'  :lol:

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »
There's Mozzie being very quietly rebuilt at Point Cook airbase near Melbourne. There's a viewing gallery where you can go and watch, they're rebuilding her wings at the moment.
Jumbo Girl