Author Topic: The new paint job finish  (Read 42054 times)

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: The new paint job finish
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
Sounds as though your tail art design will affect the identification flashes, hence the serial display exemption no longer applies.
Pics & brief article here :
http://www.globalaviationresource.com/reports/2012/airshows-jubilee-tail-for-hawker-hunter-gffox-wv318-revealed
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline Nickolas

• Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reedsom.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »
Quote from: "PA28"
Quote from: "speedy"
I was hoping they'd forget to ruin her with that again.....

...and lose a perfectly good marketing mechanic? Folks will be moaning we are getting too commecial next and wondering why we keep asking for extra donations. It's not exactly life threatening is it now? ..  larger forces are at work here, and personal taste is just that.

At the end of the day, various things can be run off this that generate income and reduces the cash-call. Are people missing the point?
As well, it has to be said, of it being very apt for the 'struggle' faced over the years. (IMHO).

All other ideas on a post-card gratefully received....
Should the above line read
All other ideas on a £20 note gratefully received............
Patron Saint of \'The Winter Festival\', Christmas to you, me and those in the REAL world.

God Helps them that Help Themselves but God Help them that gets Caught Helping Themselves

Chief Constable of the Off Topic Police.....

3083 posts on the last forum............

Offline Topsy

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »
Quote from: "PA28"
Quote from: "speedy"
I was hoping they'd forget to ruin her with that again.....

...and lose a perfectly good marketing mechanic? Folks will be moaning we are getting too commecial next and wondering why we keep asking for extra donations. It's not exactly life threatening is it now? ..  larger forces are at work here, and personal taste is just that.

At the end of the day, various things can be run off this that generate income and reduces the cash-call. Are people missing the point?
As well, it has to be said, of it being very apt for the 'struggle' faced over the years. (IMHO).

All other ideas on a post-card gratefully received....
Maybe post that on UKARSE and stop their moderators whining about it too.

Offline DamienB

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.handmadebymachine.com
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »
Quote from: "Gully"
@ Damien
I suspect that as the simple nose stencilling does not change the essence of the military colour scheme and  standard flashes / roundels, the exemption that allows the display of her previous service designation is still valid. I guess we'll only really find out when that is renewed at the end of June 2013. (It was renewed in May 2010 - not sure if 'The Spirit' markings were in place then).

Sounds as though your tail art design will affect the identification flashes, hence the serial display exemption no longer applies.

No such thing as an "identification flash". It's either an authentic military scheme (in which case you are pretty much 100% certain of being granted an exemption to the display of the civilian registration), or it isn't (in which case you must display the G- reg), and just one change to the scheme makes it non-authentic. The regs are pretty clear so hence my interest in how 558 has avoided having to go G-VLCN - if there's been an argument presented to the CAA that has allowed the exemption to stay in place I'm sure the owners of WV318 would love to present a case along similar lines (let's face it how many all-black flying Hunters are there in the world, let alone ones with union flag tails?).