Author Topic: Suggestions for new sales items  (Read 91755 times)

Offline MikeC

• Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for new sales items
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »
Probably a daft suggestion, but how about Vulcan covers/protectors for mobile phones?  I say this as my the cover on my iPhone is now falling apart  :D .
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
"Looks like we\'ve got a job of work..."
(Martin Withers)

Offline Nickolas

• Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reedsom.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 10:28:22 PM »
Quote from: "Skweeky"
Quote from: "gurnsy"
I don't know if the idea of a delta stunt-kite has been done before but how about this with a "different design" (if you know what I mean?).

[attachment=0:eu5rkc9r]kite.jpg[/attachment:eu5rkc9r]

I'd buy one!

It's a great idea.... only a large proportion of our events are airshows....... and kites + airshows = disaster.

I know we can labour the point that it's not to be used on the day, but speaking as a parent, it's hard to buy something and then refuse it immediately, and there will always be one person who doesn't think.....

You can sell them and the punter can collect them at the end of flying.

Win win.

Sale and safety.

Just a thought.

OR

Sell it at the show with delivery to an address.
Patron Saint of \'The Winter Festival\', Christmas to you, me and those in the REAL world.

God Helps them that Help Themselves but God Help them that gets Caught Helping Themselves

Chief Constable of the Off Topic Police.....

3083 posts on the last forum............

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »
Has there been any further progress on fold away chairs?

At Waddington there was a stand selling ones with I-pod speakers in the arms for £7 each or 3 for £15.

We could've bought a load from him, had our logo put on them then sold them on for £10 each.
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »
Quote from: "MrTim"
How about having a dedicated section on the new webshop specifically for items which have been flown on XH558? Just calendars & books etc, and only a limited number so as not to devalue them. I bagged a 'flown on 558' calendar at RIAT after a short impromptu auction, but only because I was in the right place at the right time.  This would give more people the same opportunity, and would make a few extra quid too.

Stamps/FDCs.  I've got loads of first day covers flown in Vulcans (including one autographed by Bruce Dickinson after he was at the controls of XL426 for a fast taxi run - if you don't know who he is, oh dear.... ;-) ).  Last day of this squadron, flown around the world in a Vulcan via Goose Bay and stuff.  The railway (Bluebell) I volunteer on often has stamp issues done, and carries them by rail.  Get a nice photo of 558 and turn it into a stamp, write a side of A4 about her RAF history and restoration and print an envelope with another nice pic on.  Stamp with a commemorative postmark at the venue, then post using a conventional stamp.

I'd be quite happy to have a word with the person who does these for the railway if someone thinks it might be a good idea....
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 04:29:02 PM »
We have looked at doing chairs several times.
Yes we could have done a deal on some, (say half price £3.50) had our logo put on (maybe £2 each) and then found some way of storing/travelling with a large quantity of chairs and we would be back to the reason why we havent done them!! We cant a) afford to do them at an economical price and b) we cant store/transport them in sufficient quantities to make them a viable item (they are bulky).
One suggestion is that we in some way sell something which you can use to customise your own chairs and we will think about this. :D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »
Quote from: "brains_mt"
One suggestion is that we in some way sell something which you can use to customise your own chairs and we will think about this. :D
Something like an iron-on transfer { which has the advantage of being suitable for objects other than chairs } ??  :mrgreen:
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 04:44:40 PM »
Quote from: "wcg"
Quote from: "brains_mt"
Something like an iron-on transfer { which has the advantage of being suitable for objects other than chairs } ??  :mrgreen:

Yeah!

That'd suffice!
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline jangor

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »
How about some black framed sunglasses with a  Vulcan emblem or XH558 in gold lettering on the legs............. :)

Offline Ian Mulford

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »
Quote from: "jangor"
How about some black framed sunglasses with a  Vulcan emblem or XH558 in gold lettering on the legs............. :)

As long as they're nothing like these...

:D

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »
Something like an iron-on transfer { which has the advantage of being suitable for objects other than chairs } ??  :mrgreen:[/quote]

Working on it!!!
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline delta1

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 12:00:23 PM »
Just been looking through the online store at the download section and I'm thinking we are missing out big time here. We have 1 mp3 file at £1 and 5 wallpaper downloads starting at £2 each. I know money from these downloads is basically money in the bank but who pays for wallpaper downloads these days?.
With broadband speeds as good as they are, should we not be offering something different on the download site. For example;
Members photo collections - Get members to submit high quality photos of 558 that they would be willing to be share online. Put say 100 of the best as a  collection.
Signed crew photo's.
Close up and personal photo's of the interior of 558.
Images of 558 that are suitable for T-Shirt printing.
Audio interview with Martin about his Black Buck missions and display flights( not all of us can attend the tour talks). Ditto for other display pilots and engineers etc.
colouring in pictures for kids.
Technical stuff such as flight logs and maintainance sheets.
Just a few ideas. I know it takes time and everyone is busy and focused on displays and the VV at the moment but perhaps someone outside of the frontline stuff could take on as a project? :D
Happy Days
Paul

Offline delta1

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »
Ian,
I totally understand where your coming from. I know everyone is putting in 110% and more to keep everything going but some of the things that could be put onto the download section could be done by other members of the club ( as a project ), not directly involved in promoting and keeping 558 in the public eye during the display season. If the club is under pressure to list new items or you need help, why not ask for some support, I'm sure that it would be forthcoming. I bet there are many members out there with the skills and time to help.

Offline gurnsy

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 01:53:42 PM »
Quote from: "Skweeky"
Quote from: "gurnsy"
I don't know if the idea of a delta stunt-kite has been done before but how about this with a "different design" (if you know what I mean?).

[attachment=0:21sdftrt]kite.jpg[/attachment:21sdftrt]

I'd buy one!

It's a great idea.... only a large proportion of our events are airshows....... and kites + airshows = disaster.

I know we can labour the point that it's not to be used on the day, but speaking as a parent, it's hard to buy something and then refuse it immediately, and there will always be one person who doesn't think.....

Oh yes! Very good point indeed.
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then why not treat yourself to one of my exceedingly good cakes." (Kipling)

Offline iains

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
I picked up a nicely made mini wooden Jigsaw at one of the shows last year. Anyone who has seen it has wanted one. I have not seen them on the list of goods this year or at Farnborough, so if they are/will be available, I am sure there would be a few sales

Offline katie_t

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 10:50:42 PM »
I got the big wooden jigsaw recently, not many pieces but they are funny shapes (including lots of vulcan shapes) and, boy, is it hard! I think these are club stock, though, so it's one of those items where you need a club stand not VV.

On the download items what I would love would be an iPhone app and a ringtone (both under discussion / development?).