Author Topic: cosby victory show  (Read 25688 times)

Offline Smudger565

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: cosby victory show
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "Gregg"
I don't bother, when pressed I shrug my shoulders and say "dunno", this years displays on the whole have been a bit of a let down.

I have managed to see XH558 5 x Times Eastbourne, Dunsfold x 2 & Shoreham x 2. Eastbourne was the best display I have seen her do sinceher comeback to flight plenty of noise, howels etc. :D  :D

Dunsfold was good & Shoreham Saturday was good as well, Sunday was not as good but the weather was the restricting factor. I cannot offer any reasons why she was quiet at certain shows it is a shame for people who expect her to howl & make plenty of noise and feel short changed.

Perhaps the aircrew are under orders to save fuel/engines who knows?

PS
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

You never stop learning what you think you know!!!!
Retired Global Mariner

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »
Quote from: "Sarah Favell"
I'm guessing I'm the one person that wasn't disappointed with the Cosby display that Gregg is referring to. If that was what Cosby had paid for then that's what they got. I haven't seen a display for over 3 years so to see her do anything was a bonus for me as I thought she was only doing a fly through. Personally I'm happy we have a fully serviceable Vulcan in whatever display form that is chosen. I would love to be able to compare displays but I haven't that good fortune.You never know what you had until it's gone.............enjoy while she's still there!
Ah but whilst you haven't seen a display for the last three years,you have had your fair share of "lucky" sightings over your mansion house ! (what do you bribe the crew with ? Sponge Cakes or Scones ?)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »
I had been told that it would be a full display on Sunday at Cosby, and I'm sorry if that caused any disappointment on the day.

The reason for the sedate display was the aircraft was heavy with fuel for a flight of at least 2 1/2 hours and as such was being flown with care. Bill Ramsey also had been told to avoid the car park areas which made turns difficult. The original idea was a fly through but this was extended to a 5 minute display.

The display at Duxford may have appeared rather sedate because they had to avoid Duxford village at all costs; difficult to achieve with the radius of turn.

Sunday at Bournemouth/Shoreham was severely restricted by the weather!

This Information has come from Martin Withers. I, for one, am happy to see 558 fly however and whenever, and I'm saddened that some people feel let down. It was advertised in the Programme as a 5 minute slot, which indicated a shortened display.
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »
I got sun burnt at Bournemouth and aren't we being told in the commentary that she handles like a fighter??
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 09:18:35 PM »
Well shes a lot lighter now that she was in her VDF days!  ;)

I think the problem with disappointment is some only get one chance to see her a year and when you read reports about howling like a Banshee and fantastic wing overs at some venues it's understandable.

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »
More so given the hype around her.
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"