Author Topic: Feeling guilty?  (Read 4827 times)

Offline Grumpyjohn

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
Feeling guilty?
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »
I hate throwing away stuff (as my wife will confirm!) and usually give unwanted items away via Freegle rather than take them to the local council dump. I really can't be bothered to get involved with Ebay, but we are disposing of a Bentima 400-day clock which has been sitting in its original box, unused, for nearly 50 years and may be worth a few quid, and I'd like to see the Vulcan benefit. Any suggestions?

John
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Jumbo Girl

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling guilty?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
Quote from: "Grumpyjohn"
local council dump.

John

"Recycling Centre"

Your "dumped" stuff doesn't get dumped, it gets bought by people like me for enormous amounts of money, and sold on for further enormous amounts of money. And people pay council tax for this, and think they are saving the planet  :D
Jumbo Girl

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »
I hate throwing away stuff (as my wife will confirm!) and usually give unwanted items away via Freegle rather than take them to the local council dump. I really can't be bothered to get involved with Ebay, but we are disposing of a Bentima 400-day clock which has been sitting in its original box, unused, for nearly 50 years and may be worth a few quid, and I'd like to see the Vulcan benefit. Any suggestions?

John

John
Give it to the club to put on Club Ebay Shop  for you... just a suggestion.... Fiona Thomson...contact details in your magazine
Denis
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline Grumpyjohn

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:26:50 PM »
Denis

Give it to the club to put on Club Ebay Shop  for you... just a suggestion.... Fiona Thomson...contact details in your magazine
Denis

Thanks for that. Have done.

Regards

John

Offline vulcanlover

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »
Quote from: "Jumbo Girl"
local council dump.

John

"Recycling Centre"

Your "dumped" stuff doesn't get dumped, it gets bought by people like me for enormous amounts of money, and sold on for further enormous amounts of money. And people pay council tax for this, and think they are saving the planet  :D

Nobody forces you to buy Alfa Romeos!
BEER O'CLOCK GENTLEMEN

Offline djrose007

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
  • Me and my CTX1300
    • View Profile
    • RAF Luqa Remembered
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
If you put it on ebay yourself you can designate XH558 as a charity to benefit from your sale and you can donate from 1% to 100% of the sale price to your charity.
Might be easier to do that than giving it to Fiona to sell unless you think it might make more money being sold directly by the Trust.
David J Rose Mem. No. 17334
http://raf-luqa.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://raf-masirah.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stonehouse-dtc.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (dog obedience training)

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »
Quote from: "djrose007"
If you put it on ebay yourself you can designate XH558 as a charity to benefit from your sale and you can donate from 1% to 100% of the sale price to your charity.
Might be easier to do that than giving it to Fiona to sell unless you think it might make more money being sold directly by the Trust.

Fiona is not employed by the Trust she is a club volunteer committee member and anything she sells on Ebay goes 100% into club funds then to Trust.. :)
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper