Author Topic: 2013 - End of Flight  (Read 48489 times)

Offline Andy Oz Bear Jones

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 - End of Flight
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
I too would like to know WHy Robin Hood is the location of Ve3! Surely, XH588 should be housed/kept in a more central location to allow even those from the South West easier to visit. I would have though St Athen, was a tad tooofar south as my options would have been: Cosford, Coventry, Midlands Aeopark (East Midlands Airpot) Wellesbourne Mountford,or dear olde Brunty! The rerasons against Brunty disapate akin to steam from a kettle! ATC I am told can be switched on quite quickely, Runways can be swept, and Ve3 would have its own Hanger (make it large enough and insert Meldrew - two V bombers taxiable side by side - what a draw), to view a taxi run, you would have to pay to enter! But Heck, if it is with Bruce then so be it. If XH558 is the PEOPLES VULCAN, then let the people have a say!
So let us not have the Petty Party Bull sh1t of petty party politics!
Also If Brunty was chosen, you would have MOST major Universities within a 2 hour drive of the engineering center, and then you you charge more than one university for coming, poking and proding as they say!
Robinhood was nice and no doubt I'll come again soon, but it is the best part of a two hour drive for me, from sunny Solihull!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Andy Oz Bear Jones

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »
Now the cynics amongst us would say that the recent "Jubilee Flight" was actually a trial run for next year's "Final Flight" !! [/quote]

You may well have hit the nail on the head. NEXT time they will have the internal tanks in the bomb bay to go a touch further! No doubt!

We enter the unknown EVERY day upon waking up, and ANY tool maker worth his/her salt could make jigs for the wing tip mods!

Offline scampton61

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.underthefloor.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
Quote from: "Andy Oz Bear Jones"
ANY tool maker worth his/her salt could make jigs for the wing tip mods!

That'd be a neat but pointless trick seeing as the wingtips don't need modifying :lol: